Heater Recommendation

StiffMeister

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2006
Netherlands
ive had very good exp with Jager by Eheim too. Powerfull heaters with quite accurate thermostat. Ive always kept them with my plecs and never ever had any problems. Dont know about the shatterproof tho. They dont come with some kind of plastic shield to guard them from monster fish.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Howdy,

As everyone said: Jäger (by Eheim) are the best of the best.

I have 2x 250W in my 220 gal, and they do just fine. If your aquarium room is at room temperature (and not in the garage), 2x150W should be just right for you.

You do not want to go too high with heater wattage, since with high wattage heaters, a malfunction will pose a higher risk.

HarleyK

Raysocal

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2010
southern California
I still use a lot of Ehiem equipment including cannisters, pumps, feeders and vacuum but I have stopped using Jager Eheim heaters. I had an Ebo-Jager heater fail years ago and I have had 2 Jager Eheim heaters cook my fish within the past couple of years. One was a 100 watt and the other a 250 watt. The 250 cooked my discus :mad: They worked well for over a couple of years. Aqueon Pros were well reviewed and so far so good with them. I like that they are also black and blend in well with black back tank. I am now also splitting up the heating requirements to 2 heaters and not just one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store