Hello From Cincinnati

Cincycichlids

Feeder Fish
Jun 5, 2021
Hello everyone! Long time lurker here and finally decided to join.
As the title states, I'm from the Cincinnati area and have been keeping fish for almost 17 years. Currently I have a 150, 55, and a few smaller tanks. The 55 and 150 are considered my "show tanks". The 55 is planted and houses hatchetfish, congo/cardinal tetras, apistogramma panduro pair, and a bristlenose pleco.
The 150 was a mbuna tank with tropheops chilumba, williamsi blue lips, elongatus chewere, yellow tail acei, pearl zebras, and a school of lucipinnis cats. I was getting bored with the mbuna and switched over to what I've been wanting for years. A South American geophagus tank. I made the switch a few months ago and current stock list includes red head tapajos group, single altifrons, Columbian tetras, and silver dollars. I plan to add a pair of severums later this year and call it complete. I already am thinking of the future upgrade for these guys so we'll see...
Lastly, I'll include a few photos. First is my old mbuna setup, second is the current 150 setup, and third pic is the future monsters.
20190218_184846.jpg20210606_125056.jpg20210528_183959.jpg

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
C Cincycichlids welcome to the family. Do you by any chance have any extra space in any tanks. I’m trying to rehome most of not all of my current fish. It looks like you take extremely good care of your fish and was wondering if you would be interested in 2 of my cichlids. A salvini and vieja black belt. They both have amazing colors and both free

Cincycichlids

Feeder Fish
Jun 5, 2021
C Cincycichlids welcome to the family. Do you by any chance have any extra space in any tanks. I’m trying to rehome most of not all of my current fish. It looks like you take extremely good care of your fish and was wondering if you would be interested in 2 of my cichlids. A salvini and vieja black belt. They both have amazing colors and both free
The only available tank I could have is a 40 breeder. It currently has the remaining tropheops chilumba in it. I never thought it would be so difficult to sell such a rare mbuna, but no one seems interested in them. If I ever sell them, I'd have some room. I realize that the black belt can get very large so that wouldn't be the best fit. Maybe short term if it's small, but definitely not long term. I've always thought the salvini looks cool, but know nothing about them. I would need to do some research to see if it would work in the 40.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
The only available tank I could have is a 40 breeder. It currently has the remaining tropheops chilumba in it. I never thought it would be so difficult to sell such a rare mbuna, but no one seems interested in them. If I ever sell them, I'd have some room. I realize that the black belt can get very large so that wouldn't be the best fit. Maybe short term if it's small, but definitely not long term. I've always thought the salvini looks cool, but know nothing about them. I would need to do some research to see if it would work in the 40.
blackbelt is about 3-4 inches

Cincycichlids

Feeder Fish
Jun 5, 2021
blackbelt is about 3-4 inches
Rtc/tsn, I really appreciate the offer and I wish I could help, but I'm going to pass on both fish. After looking into it more, the salvini would be better suited for at least a 55 and the black belt probably wouldn't be a good fit for my 150 fish.. I am unable to get anymore tanks at this time.
I saw the pic of the black belt and it looks great! I hope you find a good home for both.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store