Hello from Nevada, Missouri (SWMO)

Bayoulee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2018
Hi my name is Lee, i live on a farm near Nevada MO. Ive had a 55 gal or 2 going for 30 uears except for a couple years in the Navy. Ive mainly kept MO natives, (bass, channel cat, bullheads, green sunfish, ALWAYS a snapping turtle, crawdads and SA cichlids. Have also had pirahnas on a couple of occasions years ago. When I was in Springfield in college, there were a lot more options for fish. There is nothing in Nevada, so ive mainly gone to MO natives. That being said, ive just redone my tank and have only my old Jack Dempsey and a Johanni. Interested in learning other exotic carnivores to buy/trade. Going to the river bottoms tomorrow to see if i can net any gar frye.

Reactions: Dloks and tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi my name is Lee, i live on a farm near Nevada MO. Ive had a 55 gal or 2 going for 30 uears except for a couple years in the Navy. Ive mainly kept MO natives, (bass, channel cat, bullheads, green sunfish, ALWAYS a snapping turtle, crawdads and SA cichlids. Have also had pirahnas on a couple of occasions years ago. When I was in Springfield in college, there were a lot more options for fish. There is nothing in Nevada, so ive mainly gone to MO natives. That being said, ive just redone my tank and have only my old Jack Dempsey and a Johanni. Interested in learning other exotic carnivores to buy/trade. Going to the river bottoms tomorrow to see if i can net any gar frye.
Welcome aboard:)

I recently setup a small native aquarium myself. Live in Ohio visited my Public Aquarium and saw Rainbow Darters had to have them so have 10 lol. I've always had SA and Oddballs.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Welcome aboard,
True spotted gar are always in demand.
Love keeping natives and snapping turtles
(Common snappers), interestingly in my observations on wild common snappers I found that they preferred crayfish greatly over live fish

Bayoulee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2018
Welcome aboard,
True spotted gar are always in demand.
Love keeping natives and snapping turtles
(Common snappers), interestingly in my observations on wild common snappers I found that they preferred crayfish greatly over live fish
Yes, all of mine have been common snappers as thats all we have in swmo. I picked one up about the size of a snuff can last summer, and he doubled in size over the winter on cichlid pellets!! Turned him loose this week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store