Hello

Tony7683

Advice Team, Ninja
Mar 4, 2004
Smogville, MD
Hi,

I'm Tony, been keeping fish for a while now and just started getting into taking photos of them. I hope to learn from and enjoy this site over time, hopefully submitting some of my work eventually for your review [smilie=bowdown.gif]

Thanks!

Tony7683

Advice Team, Ninja
Mar 4, 2004
Smogville, MD
well I dunno what to start with heh. Want me to post what I feel are my best or just a few I think are good?

Tony7683

Advice Team, Ninja
Mar 4, 2004
Smogville, MD
I have pics of my rainbowfish, jewel cichlids, green fire tetras, yabbie to name a few [smilie=an9.gif]

ccplim

Jan 8, 2005
Singapore
www.avianwatchasia.org
I would say, all of them if possible. The more you post, the more (and maybe faster) you will learn.

Base on the one that you have just posted, I can tell that your standard are more or less there.

Hope to see more pics from you soon!

ccplim

Jan 8, 2005
Singapore
www.avianwatchasia.org
tony7683 said:
I have pics of my rainbowfish, jewel cichlids, green fire tetras, yabbie to name a few [smilie=an9.gif]
No problem! The more the marrier [smilie=lol.gif] If you have too many pictures, maybe you would like to provide a link here so that we can go in to take a look.

Tony7683

Advice Team, Ninja
Mar 4, 2004
Smogville, MD
see I have a starter digi camera right now, and I'm trying desperately to take good shots with it.

It's a sony cybershot 3.2 p52 and I'm gettin used to usin it

ccplim

Jan 8, 2005
Singapore
www.avianwatchasia.org
tony7683 said:
ok here's a boesemani rainbow from my 29 gal

and a jewel cichlid

Your pics looks pretty good to me. But then, can tell that your lightings are abit inadequate. You might want to describe your tank setup (size, type of lightings) and also some of the settings that you have used to take those shots. I believed with all these info, it will be much more easier for members here to help you out [smilie=drunks.gif]

Tony7683

Advice Team, Ninja
Mar 4, 2004
Smogville, MD
ok,

My 29 gal is set with a 65w day glow bulb: this houses the rainbowfish and green fire tetras.

My 15L houses the Jewel cichlid and it has a pair of 25w incan. att till I move the yabbie out and there will be a 55w hood and glass installed.

Since my camera is a sony, is has that great (jk) autofocus that I don't really like. I have tried to use it without the autofocus and find the macro setting, but I can't tell if a couple of the things on that tiny lil screen are flowers or other symbols.

I'm not expecting much out of myself att, I just want to know if using the aquarium's light and trying to use macro are correct ways to get that good shot. Until I can take more control of how I shoot, I want to find out the correct everything else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store