Help!! Aro Jumped Out!!

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
tomojsg;5128308; said:
i second that. also it could still be shocked & stressed from the trauma from falling. try some aquarium salt and stress coat.
good advice and do not worry about not eating ... as long as everything else about him appears to be okay. He is fasting... and it is probably due to the stress.. but they can fast along time.. try feeding him every so often.. take all uneaten food out... and try again in a day or so.. he will come around.. just takes moody arows time to get over things..

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
Here's what I do when my Aro decided to think he was bird..
I upped temp to 85F, did not use salt,(salt is a stressor, in my opinion its healing ability is questionable) .. keep water clean added purigen to filter .. keep tank dark for a while , I kept lights off and placed carboard on front of tank.. sides and back of my tank are painted black..

within a week he was back to himself...........

philfreenode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2010
Washington
i added fish keeper, salt,
why did you add salt?

try some aquarium salt
sodium chloride is not good in fresh water.

good advice
sodium chloride is not good in fresh water.

(salt is a stressor, in my opinion its healing ability is questionable)
Amen

the best thing to do when something like this happens is to stick to routine. stress is the major killer of fish. he may have taken physical damage with such a big drop though. give it time though, fish can go a long time without eating

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
I think raise the temperature to 85 should be a good thing!
read this and I feel lucky to me, 4 years a go I got koi in a tank on the top of my 2 floors house, one day it jump out and fall down hit the cement floor, the height estimated from the highest point to the floor is about 20 feet! after that, the koi still eat like nothing happened!

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
HungDang;5129175; said:
I think raise the temperature to 85 should be a good thing!
read this and I feel lucky to me, 4 years a go I got koi in a tank on the top of my 2 floors house, one day it jump out and fall down hit the cement floor, the height estimated from the highest point to the floor is about 20 feet! after that, the koi still eat like nothing happened!
holy... it lived? :eek: monster koi! :headbang2

catsish33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
Airzona
Thanks for all your advice everyone, my aro is back to normal just fed it a large mouse yesterday :D i also added a led lunar moon light to both my tanks. my aro seems to like the light he doesn't get spooked at night any more, my basment is pitch dark at night and i thought he might need some light, besides it looks really cool, and makes the water shimmer.

dempsey420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2011
sf
i agree that salt prolly dont heal fish, but i dont think its a stressor. i add it after every water change to help w/ water quality. ive been doing this for yrs and have never had a problem..... maybe your jus adding too much or tank conditions aint right.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store