Help! Can't diagnose on my own!!!!

Sciroccoman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Florida
It's been 24 hours since I noticed my yellow Lab acting weird. He's been hanging out by himself, and when I went to feed them just now, he seemed reluctant to eat. I can't tell what's wrong with him. I noticed that he has been getting darker, like cloudy looking. He has some dark areas on him, but it doesn't look like dark spot. he has been swimming as if to rub something off. Can anyone in the Central Florida area stop by to check this out. I could use the "second opinion". I changed the water yesterday, and have been every week since I stocked my tank, about a month ago. Even before that I changed water every week. The tank has been up and running since August with weekly water changes.

Anybody, please stop by to check it out, or help shed some light on what has infected him!!!! I'm in Orange City!!!!

Sciroccoman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Florida
Thanx again, MalawiBoy for your insight. I've been searching everything this site has to offer in the disease department.
What does that article mean by "coughing movement"? he seems to do a vigorous back and forth movement, like a shimmy, or shake. he also displayed a waggle, as if he were swimming but not going anywhere.
Holy cow, how the hell am i supposed to follow all those treatments, which one is the easiest to handle?
Maybe the "overstocked" portion is true with the tank. I have Eleven Mbunas and one Rubber Nose Pleco.

MalawiBoy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2008
California
Sciroccoman;2481812; said:
Thanx again, MalawiBoy for your insight. I've been searching everything this site has to offer in the disease department.
What does that article mean by "coughing movement"? he seems to do a vigorous back and forth movement, like a shimmy, or shake. he also displayed a waggle, as if he were swimming but not going anywhere.
Holy cow, how the hell am i supposed to follow all those treatments, which one is the easiest to handle?
Maybe the "overstocked" portion is true with the tank. I have Eleven Mbunas and one Rubber Nose Pleco.
I'm really not sure since the fishes I owned have never contracted this so I wouldn't know how to treat it too. Thats why I was hoping someone else would give a second opinion on what it is. Or show the best treatment. Anyways goodluck with your fishes.

sterling_mcdaniel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
idaho
looks like he is getting breeding colors. i.e. the darkening.....

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
are you sure it is not a female holding eggs.. you know they don't eat when they have the eggs in their mouth..any males with her..if it is a her.. she looks healthy in the pic..maybe some more pics would help..the black dot just looked like a pigment in the scale.. mine have some blacks specs here and there..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store