Help! flowerhorn spitting out food

Zorak

Feeder Fish
Sep 4, 2013
Central Florida
Recently my flowerhorn has started spitting out any food that I give her (hikari gold pellets, freeze dried bloodworms and tropical flakes). She used to eat with no problem. I am afraid she may have hex or some other parasite/illness. Not acting different still rushes up to the glass when I walk up to the tank and acts hungry. Poop is brown but not sure if it qualifies as stringy. Fish isn't showing any noticeable symptoms. Water conditions should be fine i do weekly 25% water changes and test levels are normal. How do I tell if something is wrong?

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
Depends on who you ask. Grand sumo and Chingmix are preferred. I feed my fh hikari products and aqueon cichlid pellets shrimp, tilapia, mealworms, earthworms. My fh is nothing special though as far as color.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xjerr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2013
California, USA
Mine did that once. He decided to be a little diva and ignored all the pellets I gave him for about a week until he started eating again. :screwy:
He seems to be fine from your description but it's better to be safe than sorry, so just keep a close eye on him for anything out of the ordinary. Definitely suspect something when his poop starts looking stringy and white.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store