Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Help! flowerhorn spitting out food

Discussion in 'Flowerhorn, Blood Parrots and Other Hybrids' started by Zorak, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Zorak

Zorak Registered Member

Oct 15, 2013
      Recently my flowerhorn has started spitting out any food that I give her (hikari gold pellets, freeze dried bloodworms and tropical flakes). She used to eat with no problem. I am afraid she may have hex or some other parasite/illness. Not acting different still rushes up to the glass when I walk up to the tank and acts hungry. Poop is brown but not sure if it qualifies as stringy. Fish isn't showing any noticeable symptoms. Water conditions should be fine i do weekly 25% water changes and test levels are normal. How do I tell if something is wrong?

2. joel

joel MFK Members

Joel
      Today at 8:33 PM
      Be patient with it. Don't feed for a couple of days. I've had fish do this before and eventually started taking the pellets again. Also try different food.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

3. Zorak

Zorak Registered Member

Oct 15, 2013
      what's the best pellet for flowerhorns?

4. joel

joel MFK Members

Joel
      Today at 8:33 PM
      Depends on who you ask. Grand sumo and Chingmix are preferred. I feed my fh hikari products and aqueon cichlid pellets shrimp, tilapia, mealworms, earthworms. My fh is nothing special though as far as color.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

5. m@rc

m@rc MFK Members

Apr 3, 2015
      water change and stop feed few days

6. carbene

carbene MFK Members

May 7, 2017
      they're just being picky, a couple of days of no food and they'll be back to normal.

7. xjerr

xjerr MFK Members

Feb 6, 2014
      Mine did that once. He decided to be a little diva and ignored all the pellets I gave him for about a week until he started eating again. :screwy:
      He seems to be fine from your description but it's better to be safe than sorry, so just keep a close eye on him for anything out of the ordinary. Definitely suspect something when his poop starts looking stringy and white.