Help.......I have a sick fish ???

dgiotto1970

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2006
Tulare, CA
I have a Green Texas in my 60 Gallon w/ 1 Red Devil, Jag, and a Jack Dempsey. My Texas developed some White spots on him and just noticed 1 sm. one on th Jack.

Does anyone know what this might be and how to cure it. At first I thought he was just getting beat up and then I thought it was Ick, but Ick treatments don't seem to be helping.

dgiotto1970

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2006
Tulare, CA
I also just noticed some small white string like worms, I guess their worms, in the tank and just so happens that Big Tex is eating them. Some kind of parasite I'm assuming. Does this sound familiar to anyone ??

dgiotto1970

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2006
Tulare, CA
Sorry I can not help more but you may want to look at this link it talks about stuff like this.

http://www.theaquarians.net/ArticlesandWallpapers/fish_keeping_101__parasites_2.htm

Thanks for the Help.:)

I think it is:
White Fuzzy Patches—Fungal infections are usually easy to recognize by their white, cottony appearance. They are commonly secondary infections of open wounds and can be found anywhere on the body of the fish. Eggs may also develop fungal infections. Treat with anti-fungal medication. Preventative medication is often used when eggs are present. Columnaris is a bacterial infection that is usually found on the mouth of the fish, often called cotton mouth. It may respond to antibiotic treatments.

He's pretty beat up and this is the closest thing I've found to what I have:
Fungal Infections
Symptoms: White or cotton-like substance concentrated mainly on scrapes, surface injuries, fins or mouth.
Treatment: Treatment of fungal infections is relatively easy. There are a great many commercially available products for this, including MarOxy by Mardel Laboratories and Super Sulfo and Would Control by Aquatronics.

Information: This is a very common disorder which infects all kinds of tropical fish. It is intensified greatly with fish having damaged fins or cuts and scrapes. It is also much more likely in poor water conditions in which there are unacceptable levels of ammonia or nitrites. Fungal infections are also a sign of bullying by other fish. Fin nippers will damage the fins of other fish making them more susceptible to fungal infections and external bacterial infections such as fin and tail rot.

http://www.aqualink.com/disease/sdisease.html

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store