Help ick Infestation!!!!

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey guys, this happened a few weeks a go and the results are crazy about 10 of my fish died....$200+. Now I just have in my 72 gallon bowfront tank is my clark clown fish, long nose hawkfish, snow flake eel, fox face and a bunch of crabs/snails.

Water Parameters:

PH- 8.0 (Trying to raise it)
Nitrite- .1
Nitrate- 100 :eek:
Ammonia- 0
Temp-87*F
Salt- 1.024

I have a protein skimmer and the fluval fx5, 75 pounds of live rock

Hospital Tank:

20 Gallon Long
PH- 8.0 (Trying to Raise)
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-100 :eek:
Ammonia- 0
Temp- 85.6*F
Salt- 1.022

I have the Aqua Clear 20 and Aqua Clear 30 running on it, 8 pounds of Live Rock.

All of the fish that had ick had died off the remaining fish don't have any white spots. I would like help with how to raise the ph such as some medications and what medications can I use to make sure the tank is ready for fish? The last fish that had ick that died, was this morning. Also how can I lower the nitrate, I've did a 50% water change yesterday, any medications that are helpful please let me know!

P.S. No fish were quarantine because it was a 10 gallon and just upgraded it to a 20 gallon and used the same water from the 10 and added water that was sitting for about a week.
Which is more deadly? Ammonia, Nitrate or Nitrite???

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Well I can help you with that lol, learned it the hard way as you can see lol...Stress is what primarily causes ick parasite to find it's way to a fish. This probably happened to me because I had purchase lots of fish online due to shipping costs and that probably stressed them out. What size tank you have?

fastfreddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2005
Over here.
I just set up a 300g two weeks ago. I have live sand in there but no live rock yet. I just have four small fish in there. I'll try to post pics in the media gallery soon. I'm really enjoying it. I've been into freshwater for 20yrs but it was time for change.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
cool, and i thought my 72 gallon bow front was big but in the future I hope on a larger tank, I'm only a freshman in high school lol. Any plans on stocking the tank? Also get a quarantine tank it helps a lot....if you get the water parameters right. Still hoping someone will comment and help me out lol which can also be helpful for you to. Btw I had a freshwater tank for about six years....gars and stuff like that.

N-E Cichlids

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2006
Ellenton, Florida
WWW.N-ECICHLIDS.COM
Hikari just came out with their Ich x SW version a few months ago. It is reef safe and seems to be the best reef safe med out there at the moment. It has Formaldehyde in it, which works great on Parasites. I have tested it on inverts and corals and everything has done well with it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store