HELP ID ATF

jakb55

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2012
huntington beach ca
So I went for it and got them I was told that its a vatf and a fatf and they look the part but I'm no expert I have better pictures but not the best they love the 180 haha there around 3 inches I might make a grow out thread maybe
Ill try to get better pictures tomorrow but these were the best ones I could get thank you

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1362191073.431666.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1362191112.432555.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1362191146.431538.jpg

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Heck I can't tell what they are from the pics. :lol2:

For ATF that small, you need super clear closeups for a positive ID. In the first picture they actually look like baby Goliaths of all things. In the original pics though, I'm inclined to agree with you.

I'll be watching this with great interest. I hope the one is a forsakhlii. Its about time someone got a forskahlii and grew it out to a respectable size! I think if someone gets a forskahlii to a foot or greater, people will see how great of a fish they are. Once I get my BIG tank (not the 510, the one after that) I plan to have a shoal of FATF to act as dithers for my Goliath.

The other one looks to be either vittatus or tanzaniae. I'm inclined to think vittatus though. I can't wait till they're big enough to tell for sure. :)

jakb55

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2012
huntington beach ca
I really really hope it is a fatf they are such cool fish
Tomorrow I'm going to get a real camera and get good pictures I would love to have about 2 more fatf in that tank the more and more I look deeper into atfs the more I just want to get a giant tank and fill it with them

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Still can't tell. :(

Kinda looks like a tatf in that pic.

This is a head scratcher. :lol2:

I'm looking forward to good pics from the camera

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com