Help ID this Eheim

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I got rid of the thing. This is absolute non sense. If i have to start checking little parts and making sure the distance for the tubes is right, and that the filter has to be spoken to in a gentle voice to start, the hell with it. Iv never had problems like i had with this thing, i wasted 5 hours between research and trying to hook it up, only to have it not work. Absolute waste. If anybody ever asks me about the filter I'll tell them scooping a handful of water out every 5 minutes and putting it back is just as good. I know some of you had no problems, but after the abundant bad reviews i read and the experience i had, I'm unfortunately not on that band wagon.

Thank you for all the help though, at least i know mfk is reliable unlike eheims 2229...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I can honestly say that I have never spoken to mine in a gentle voice, more like darn you, what's wrong now plus some heavy sighing when I needed to take it apart again!

I bought mine brand new so I can definitely understand your frustration with this model. It does have some limitations on installing it because of how it operates so it is a bit more quirky than 'normal' canister filters. Plus, buying used filters is always a crapshoot because you never know how they were taken care of by the previous owner(s) and they almost always need new parts.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store