Help identifing Kelberi problem?

Cabinetman 1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Hi my Kelberi is showing signs of possible HITH. I don't know if it is injury or what. His right full is protruding and a little ragged. And he has some spots over his right eye. Water quality: 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, Nitrates 40 ( working on getting it down) pH 7. He is in a tank with Red Hook silver dollars and a Ripsaw catfish. Thanks for your help and advice.

3735.jpeg

3733.jpeg

3732.jpeg

Reactions: BigShawn

Cabinetman 1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Thank you! He has always been a very picky eater. I had him eating Massivore pellets and then he started spitting them out about 3 weeks ago. Since then he has only been eating freeze dried krill. I am currently trying to get him back on the Massivore. He is three years old.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Treat with epsom salt solution soaked freeze dried krill (1/2 cup distilled water, 3/4 teaspoon of pure epsom salt). Soak until saturated and feed 2-3 at a time so that he consumes all of it immediately. Feed this way for 3-5 days. It won't harm the other fish if they take the epsom salt soaked krill.

Cabinetman 1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Treat with epsom salt solution soaked freeze dried krill (1/2 cup distilled water, 3/4 teaspoon of pure epsom salt). Soak until saturated and feed 2-3 at a time so that he consumes all of it immediately. Feed this way for 3-5 days. It won't harm the other fish if they take the epsom salt soaked krill.
Thank you, I will give it a try.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Rocksor Rocksor os the man! Really appreciate all the good advice you share on this site.

Reactions: cigars
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store