help infestation! please identify

klipsch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Philippines
hi,

4 days ago, i saw some small white worm-like creature in my tank. there were around 5-10 of them. i dont have any idea what is it or where it came from.
the worm like creature only crawls on the wall, i dont see them swimming. it looks like a very smallllll maggot than a worm. i attached some pictures

my tank is clean, i usually do a 10% water change every other day and 20% every weekend. i clean my filter wool every weekend and replace it every 2 months.

the inhabitants of the tank are 4 2" indo tiger and a 5" ornate.
my first guess is ick, but there are no white spots on my fish and they are healthy although 1 indo always hides in the filter but he is the most stable of the 4.

i have a couple of questions:
1. what is this? what might be the cause of this?
2. is this dangerous for the tigers and ornate?
3. what is the best way to treat this that is safe for my tigers?
4. i have another dilemma, my 3" clown loach is arriving tomorrow. will it be safe if i put him in the tank? since i know that clown loach are quite sensitive specially to ick, i dont want to waste money.

thanks guys!

DSC00927.JPG

DSC00928.JPG

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
its not serious don't worry about it. Increase water changes and gravel vacs, and lessen feedings. Should be gone before you know it. They usually come around when your tanks kinda dirty.

AncientArowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
New York
no. loaches will not eat it but do a water change once a week if possble or once every other week and try to clean up your walls with a paper towel before refilling the tank and guppy fry will do the trick.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
See those stringy things in the pic? Take your net and try to rub them off. They will problably swim like crazy. They resemble headless sperm.

I had them and cleaning, salt, waterchanging, less feeding, etc. did not work. The only thing that did work is I removed the larger fish from the infested tanks and replace them with fry and cichlids. I have a three tank system with a common filter. The whole system was infested but only my oscar tank had them. A tank with African cichlids didn't have a single one, and another with convicts was clean also. After I moved the africans and convicts, those tanks got the worms too. I now have a goldfish and koi in one tank, convict fry in another, and adult convicts in the third. The constant eating of the fish got rid of them. When I tried to get rid of them on my own, I would always miss a few (inevitable). Worms reproduce assexually and they are always breeding. Btw, those larger clumps are probably several hundred that are in a mating ball.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store