help me popeye is killing my fish

otto44

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2005
England
help me popeye is killing my fish what should i do i never had it happen to me before some one please help
:( :help2: :cry: :confused: :(

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
get olive oyle to tell him to stop sorry bad humour :)
can you give a few specifics first so we can help you a bit better such what kind of tank size ect and what is happening sounds like all your fish are sick?what kind of fish...

K C

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2006
the klongs
Popeye is a serious case of gram-negative bacteria infection usually due to dirty water. U may need antibiotics to treat your fish & u have to do it fast!

Broad spectrum antibiotics include Maracyn - Two (Mardel), tetracycline (recommended), trisulfa (only effective when mixed with food), neomycin (SeaChem's Neoplex), nitrofurantoin (SeaChem's Focus) etc. In cases where food is refused, consider Kanamycin (SeaChem's KanaPlex) as it's absorbed by fish. Tetracycline is more effective when the pH of your water is < 7 as it tends to bind with calcium & magnesium, increase dosage if pH > 7.

Do not increase your water temperature. Good luck.

fishnthings

" id rather be a goldfish "
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
im confused whos popeye... and how do you know whats wrong k c he said nothing about symptoms and all that kind of information:D

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
fishnthings said:
im confused whos popeye... and how do you know whats wrong k c he said nothing about symptoms and all that kind of information:D

popeye the sailor man :ROFL:

i agree some info is needed for a good diagnosis first before throwing a whack a meds at the tank

fishnthings

MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
and what is sounds like to me is that he has a fish "popeye" that is beating the s.h.i.t. out of his other fish.......

so get another tank and put popeye in it!

fishnthings

MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
o yea..... i dont look at that ****... thats what gets me flammed on sometimes:D

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
K C Lim has given good advice Also do a water change and gravel vac to get the bacterial count down, DO NOT RAISE THE TEMPERATURE!

fishnthings

MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
how do you guys know this... im so confused... wheres the symptoms???

is this a joke:confused:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store