Help me stock a 135

skillzdatkillz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2006
somwhere
I think a crawfish would be cool what is a good species?...if there are multiple. I dont know anything about them. So I think 2 oscars, a crawfish, school of barbs and maybe a GT or JD? Hows that?

thatonegirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I think a crawfish would be cool what is a good species?...if there are multiple. I dont know anything about them. So I think 2 oscars, a crawfish, school of barbs and maybe a GT or JD? Hows that?
This may come off as rude, and I don't mean it to, but to a beginner that sounds okay, except crayfish are kind of a mystery bag in some cases, i.e. you may wake up to find they've hunted and killed and eaten all the other tank's occupants, OR you wake up to find it's tail sticking out of one of your fish's mouths.

To someone with a bit of experience, it's sounds like a bland and boring set-up, but this is all my persoanl opinion. And how else do you gain experience, anyhow?

Knowing what I know, that would not be my personal choice of a stocking list.

And if you want oscars, any barbs you get would certainly be toast. The only tried and true shoalers in an oscar tank seem to be silver dollars, and even that's a gamble ("I was told it would be okay to get SDs and over night my oscar ate them all, were they too small?") or largish tinfoil barbs (which I've heard are the ***est, stupidest fish ever). A very risky alternative to these options would be giant danios, but they don't get all that big, and it really only works if your large cichlids are pushovers.

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
If your set on Oscars, I've had luck before with Dat's , T shovelnose, redtails, large pleco's. If your interested in a schooling fish I've used xlarge fathead minnows from a bait shop ( after qt). It looks nice and if an oscar decides to munch one, oh well a dozen are very inexpensive...good luck..

Lockness' Oscar

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Ohio
I would put some convicts or JD's in with him. You might want to look at firemouths, too. I've never owned one so I don't know too much about them. Do whatever ya like.

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
or largish tinfoil barbs (which I've heard are the ***est, stupidest fish ever).
My Tinfoils arent *** :cry: :cry:

Well, ..there is this one i have that.................:confused: Nevermind.

Honestly, i just have them cause its fun watching my Loisellei chase them around. He's still half their size. Once all my fish get bigger, i'll probably get rid of them since they will take up too much space.

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
you should do DOVII...thats the answer to anything dovii

sour_girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2006
Toronto
Get a TEXAS!! They are pretty cool.. but very aggressive... and if you get a crayfish the O's will eat it...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store