Help My Wolf Fish Wont Eat for 3 weeks now

Audeze

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2018
Beijing, China
Help..i just bought my wolf fish (hoplias Mala) 3 weeks ago about 14cm. since I bought, my wolf fish wont eat
I tried Shrimp, Gold Fish, Crayfish, Pinkie, and bloodworm also dim the light still wont work.
my temp is 27 Celcius..PH 7... my tank 60cm (Long) x 33cm (Width) x 50cm (tall) and water change every 1 week. I only put my tank water 60%. before I bought the wolf fish, the tank been use for silver awo

This is my first time I keep a wolf fish. please help

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would check ur water to make sure it’s pristine but I suspect it maybe due to not settling in the tank. What was it feeding on prior?

Also the tank need to be upgraded at some point.

trunglippo

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2016
pump temp up to 30 slowly to push its metabolism and up for more water change. Put some feeders in there and let it settle

Audeze

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2018
Beijing, China
Would check ur water to make sure it’s pristine but I suspect it maybe due to not settling in the tank. What was it feeding on prior?

Also the tank need to be upgraded at some point.
I've been using the same water with my other tank (120cm x 60cm x 60cm). in my other tank, I put Silver aro, Golden Aro, Jardini, also my snakehead. before I put my wolf fish in this tank, I've been using this tank (60cm tank) for my silver aro. the tank water is very clear. today I just come back from the store and asked the seller, he said he always feeding him with frozen shrimp. I tried but still nothing.

also, I forgot to mention that I give the wolf fish a hiding place like a pipe, bogwood, also plant, my wolf fish always stay in the pipe never come out.

WeChat Image_20180530022043.jpg

Audeze

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2018
Beijing, China
Is this a newly setup tank? has it been cycled? What are you parameters currently?
nope...before I put my wolf fish in this tank, I used to put my silver aro for 5 months in this tank without any problem after that my wolf fish came and i moved my silver aro to my 300L tank and i put my wolf fish in 55L tank.
PH 7...Temp 29C

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
nope...before I put my wolf fish in this tank, I used to put my silver aro for 5 months in this tank without any problem after that my wolf fish came and i moved my silver aro to my 300L tank and i put my wolf fish in 55L tank.
PH 7...Temp 29C
I got ya fist questions I would ask anyone having fish problems. When I was asking about parameters I was referring to ammonia nitrite nitrate. If everything checkes out I would start worrying about internal parasites and start thinking about putting the fish through a medicated quarantine period.

Audeze

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2018
Beijing, China
Last night I pump up the temp to 29C and put a pinkie and a small crayfish and turn off the light. in the morning I wake up all gone. so my wolf finally eat. but is it ok to my wolffish to never come out from the hiding place and always scared of light? in the store where I buy it, the wolffish always come out even they give them a hiding place and never scared of light.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
It's been 3 weeks. I wouldn't worry just yet. Wolves go months at around a foot (30cm). My old curu at 8" took I believe 2 months to eat for me.

Audeze

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2018
Beijing, China
I just moved my wolf fish to my other tank (120cm x 60cm x 60cm) he swim and eat like a beast. Turn out my tank my 60cm x 30cm x 40cm is too small for him.

Thank you for the help all

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store