Help! Peacock eel not eating

tmtpowers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2006
Burlington, NC
I bought 2 beautiful peacock eels a little over a week ago. One of them is eating quite well on red wigglers but doesn't seem to care much for frozen foods (have tried blood worms, tubifex (sp?) worms, and brine shrimp). My other peacock eel has yet to eat (at least as far as I'm aware of). I turn off the tank lights and give the fish time to settle down before feeding my peacocks and my BGK but still no luck with the one peacock. Is there anything I can do to get him/her to eat? Any other ideas on what to feed? He/she MAY have eaten some fry that a sun burst plattie gave birth too however I have no way of knowing. My cory cats are usually first to grab at the little ones. The one that is suspected to not be eating is still of good size however, I don't want to wait until its noticeable that it isn't eating and possibly loose him/her.

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
GHOSTSHRIMP, dump in lots

faststang1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Palm Spring's CA
Go to your lfs and buy a feeding stick and nightcrawlers.cut half and feed it to the eel.Thats what I did with my eels.

tmtpowers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2006
Burlington, NC
My one eel is already eating red wigglers (a smaller worm) as I think the night crawlers would be way too big for my two. The other won't touch them.

messiner, Thanks for the tip on the ghost shrimp! I'll give that a try!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store