Help Pick Some Fish

BAYBAY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hey, I have just got a new tank its 6ft l 2ft w and 3ft h
I would like to put in some peacock bass and some other fish not sure what is good to put with them if anyone can help that would be great thx. :nilly:

Reactions: pinfish

pinfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2020
Peacock bass are pretty cool fish. Hopefully me answering this will spark some other people who are more knowledgeable than I to help you out also! From my experience and my families experience peacock bass can be kept with its same species (duh), sometimes Oscars if raised correctly but can be hard to do. They can live mostly in harmony with some large cichlids, large catfish, stingrays, and arowanas. Good luck and keep us all updated on what you choose :)

Reactions: BAYBAY

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hey, I have just got a new tank its 6ft l 2ft w and 3ft h
I would like to put in some peacock bass and some other fish not sure what is good to put with them if anyone can help that would be great thx. :nilly:
There’s far more experienced cichla guys then me here but my opinion is for a forever tank 2ft width is not enough for there size there a super stiff muscular fish most will attain 20” or more in length doesn’t leave much wiggle room. They’d have a fair amount of time in a tank that size if you went the way of a smaller growing species. So long as other fish can’t fit it in there mouth there not overly aggressive. A Petenia splendida in the green morph would do well in a tank that size similar feeding habits.

Reactions: BAYBAY

BAYBAY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2020
I mean I can upgrade a bit later I know they grown fast but how long do you think I can have them in that tank.

BAYBAY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2020
so I will keep them in there for a bit but I would like to put a few more fish i was thinking
  • Peacock bass
  • Saratoga
  • Silver dollar
  • Flower horn
  • Oscar
  • Stingray
  • Flagtail
  • Buttikoferi
  • jaguar cichlids
  • Gosht knife
  • Geophagus

not all of them but most not sure numbers yet if u can.

Carter020108

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2018
I would do
2x cichla Kelberi
1x cichlid azul
Spotted Saratoga
Marble motoro stingray
Ghost knife
2x oscars

avoid buttokoferi as they are african