HELP!!! sick senegal bichir

arabellanichole

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2020
this is Falkor my senegal bichir and i just purchased him last week he has been active in the tank and mainly stayed on the bottom unless he needs his air & last night he was still acting completely normal and this morning when i went to feed the fish he was up in the corner and i noticed he hasn’t moved still all day and he’s beginning to worry me he has these red lines on his fins and he won’t swim actively around the tank he just waits until he sinks down and swims back up & it seems that the african cichlid has been protecting him all morning as well because she hasn’t left his side please help!! E7720839-3FE2-4F9F-99ED-D8F9ED52527D.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Check ur water quality ASAP. Move the bichir to another tank and dose with kanamycin or Maracyn2. Add some Epsom salt 1 tbsp per 5g.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Welcome aboard

What other fish do you have in the aquarium beside the African Cichlid?

Please make sure non of the fish are harassing the Senegal.

Reactions: kno4te

arabellanichole

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2020
image.jpg I now have my bichir in a separate tank and i’ve put artemiss in his tank they didn’t have kanamycin or maracyn2 at my local pet store or petco

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
none of the fish have bothered him though they all seem to get along super well
tlindsey tlindsey brings up a good point. Maybe some harassment when ur eyes aren‘t on the tank. Or after the lights are off.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store