!?Help?! Silicone issue.

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
Yeah, I'm draining it as we speak. I can't take the chance of that happening. If i clean the corner and cut the existing silicone and reseal the seam will that fix the issue? Or will the Silicone between the two panels still keep separating?
I wish I knew more about the subject to give you a definitive answer, but I think having separation between the glass would drive me nuts if I did not address it. What size tank is it?

Reactions: Fat Homer

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
I wish I knew more about the subject to give you a definitive answer, but I think having separation between the glass would drive me nuts if I did not address it. What size tank is it?
It's a 125, I'm kicking myself in the ass because I have been telling myself for a couple weeks now I need to start planning on draining and resealing. But I've been putting it off because I wasn't sure what to do with the fish inside. Heh. Guess I'm figuring it out now. Man, this is rough.

Wiggie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Yes! Best of luck man. I just had a silicone issue and drained the tank, then tossed it but then again it was a 29. My dumb ass set it up as it had sentimental value and was--ahem, like 20 years old. So apparently older silicone is good for about 7 years, newer silicone 10. Thank god it was so small. When I set up a new 30 long I realized my floor is not level (old house) and had to shim all over the place. Maybe check ur leveling real good too when u set back up? Could that be what caused this weird split in corner? I hope all goes well. I was stressed over a stupid 29. (They don't call me Wiggie for nothing.)I can't imagine how u feel. Good thing u caught it. Let us know how all goes.

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
Thanks guys, gonna relocate fish tonight. It's down to about 1/4 water level ATM well below the white line.

My floor is slightly tilted forward and it's possible that started the weigh in the front. But who knows. I live on the 2nd floor in an apartment. So yeah, had me Wigging out :p

I hate to lose all the beneficiary bacteria in my sand. But gotta do what I gotta do. I will probably empty and reseal all the seams just for my sake of sanity. I still worry about the silicone inbetween the glass panels. But hopefully if I do a good Seam repair it will be fine

Reactions: Wiggie

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
For backup, you could consider using those large rubbermaid tubs i see prople on MfK use all the time...

Reactions: Wiggie

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Or a £20 blow up pool, chuck all your sand over too and cover with a tarp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store