Help with 110gallon stocking

LBUK

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2018
Hello all.

I have a 110gallon tank thats 66"x18"x22" LxWxH.

Currently I have a small female 3" JD in there with a 9" male and 2 Aequidens Diadema roughly 5" and 7". I was wondering what other fish could I add as dither fish to help bring out the cichlids more as they rarely come out unless the night light is on?

Thanks

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
Ya Jack's can be a bit shy unless its feeding time.. mine jump out snapping for food before I have the bag open lol... I dont know if I'd put anything else in tho... from what I've seen and been told on here tho Jack's live in the wild with mollies and sword tails... try that

LBUK

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2018
Ya Jack's can be a bit shy unless its feeding time.. mine jump out snapping for food before I have the bag open lol... I dont know if I'd put anything else in tho... from what I've seen and been told on here tho Jack's live in the wild with mollies and sword tails... try that
I had the JD's in a 55g before and he was always out and showed no signs of any aggression or anything but now hes moved into bigger tank hes developed a whole new personality hes rarely out unless hes chasing one of the acaras. Strange lol

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I would recommend Goodeids- they should be large enough to avoid becoming snacks if you get adults, and they are pretty rowdy themselves, so they make good tankmates for CA cichilds. Ameca splendens for example. Mollys would also work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store