Help with getting a car Phoenix and I can temporarily live in

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I’ve got five granddaughters and two daughters that rely on me to fix their cars, but even so I thought about donating, until Jex mentioned the HHR.

Not the very worst cars GM ever built (And they have built some real stinkers) But it was always well below average, scoring number 20 out of 32 competitors.

Anyhow, these were all built in Mexico, they weren’t that well-made, and didn’t sell very well. GM quit building them after just five or six years.

And the manufacturing engineers spent 4 years to set up the production plant to build the new car. GM lost their shorts on this one.

The only reason it lasted so long is that they only had to pay Mexican wages instead of Los Angeles wages to build it. And it was a successful styling exercise.

My neighbor bought a brand new HHR in 2008. He only kept it for six months.He lost his shorts on that deal too.
I rather get something like a Tahoe or Yukon or Suburban but they are selling for twice as much as the HHRs. Unless of course you get one with a quarter million miles on it already.
Subaru wagons was something else I looked at, but up here in the NW the ones available are either high mileage or Hooniganed out. European cars are out as any of their parts are twice the cost of American or Japanese cars. Japanese cars are out due to holding to much value in the crazy car market that is ATM, unless if course you get something with a 1/4 or 1/2 million miles on it already.

This is the one I am looking at.

Between the Gofundme donations and sale of my tanks I can put half down nearly and finance the rest maybe. I have horrible credit but what do you expect when you get a 1.5 million dollar medical bills charged off against you. Lost my brand new double wide and land, two vehicles and everything thing else when Cancer stopped me from working in 2001 and I had to sell everything off just to eat.

Reactions: HybridFinatic

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
BUMP!

BTW: Avoid the Beamer…money pit
That's what I was thinking as well, found a Yukon that just might work.

Check out this vehicle I found on CARFAX: 2001 GMC Yukon - $5,795 with FREE CARFAX Report. https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1GKEK13T01R180626?partner=UEA_9
Or
Check out this vehicle I found on CARFAX: 2001 GMC Yukon - $5,995 with FREE CARFAX Report. https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1GKEK13T61J121949?partner=UEA_9

Higher milage, but relatively cheap available parts if needed. And quite a bit of room to live in.

Last edited:

Jacob92677

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2019
South Orange County CA ?? USA ??
04-06 Toyota scion xB do not buy 08 and up

Very reliable, very cheap to maintain, great mpg and cheap to buy, they run great even at high miles, they are very roomy inside with seats folded down, you’d be surprised!
you can easily get one for under 3500 with around 120-150k on it. It was the cheapest car I’ve ever owned for maintenance cost me nothing to drive 100k miles
I love American trucks but not American cars.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
04-06 Toyota scion xB do not buy 08 and up

Very reliable, very cheap to maintain, great mpg and cheap to buy, they run great even at high miles, they are very roomy inside with seats folded down, you’d be surprised!
you can easily get one for under 3500 with around 120-150k on it. It was the cheapest car I’ve ever owned for maintenance cost me nothing to drive 100k miles
I love American trucks but not American cars.
Thank you for the information. I looked up the interior measurements and sadly won't work for sleeping in with only a 50in measurement, my 69in height would be squished.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store