help with jardini arowana

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
i saw some azul pbass,temensis pbass at the lfs iam really tempted to buy them or will my jardini attack them cause he has even started attact my wood catfish

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
How big are they ? No chance imo mate bass aren't that hardy until grown , I've tried and failed :( it don't take much to kill a juvi bass of any kind they get stressed easy and hunger strike easy
When i tried it i thought they would be up to the task big mouth etc but they crumbled under the spell of the jardini lol :D

aakash

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
India
for the aggressive aros, i think, tigers (Datnoids) like indo tigers, or sieamese tigers, would be best, that too of medium size. around 4-5 inches( Not too small to be eaten by the aro and not too large as they mights start teasing and dominating the aro. In an arowana tank, the most dominating fish should only be arowana, then only the color and features of the arowana will come good.) Buy them in 7-8 pieces, they thrive well in groups.

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
How big are they ? No chance imo mate bass aren't that hardy until grown , I've tried and failed :( it don't take much to kill a juvi bass of any kind they get stressed easy and hunger strike easy
When i tried it i thought they would be up to the task big mouth etc but they crumbled under the spell of the jardini lol :D
i thought of growing one out and then put him with my jardini but if he will kill the bass even when the bass is big i would not risk my money on such a expensive fish like bass. the little bastard has grown an inch and he is harassing my wood catfish which not does not want to eat now. any solution?

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
for the aggressive aros, i think, tigers (Datnoids) like indo tigers, or sieamese tigers, would be best, that too of medium size. around 4-5 inches( Not too small to be eaten by the aro and not too large as they mights start teasing and dominating the aro. In an arowana tank, the most dominating fish should only be arowana, then only the color and features of the arowana will come good.) Buy them in 7-8 pieces, they thrive well in groups.
thanks but they are kind of pricey. have kept 2 before they are indeed nice fish how about your arowana is he aggressive?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Personally mate I think a group of five bass could spread the aggression from a jardini but only once past 8/10" and its big money gambles as you know , Imo go for a cichlid thats hardy and smaller than the jar by and inch or two (sounds like your jars like mine he'll hold his own if it kicks off ) , jag , Midas , fh etc
I've put my little dovii out of my growout in with mine hes been in a week no probs so far

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
As for your woodcat don't worry too much it'll eat when it needs to , and your jardini will get used to seeing it lay around eventually cats don't bother them too much once they establish pecking order

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Personally mate I think a group of five bass could spread the aggression from a jardini but only once past 8/10" and its big money gambles as you know , Imo go for a cichlid thats hardy and smaller than the jar by and inch or two (sounds like your jars like mine he'll hold his own if it kicks off ) , jag , Midas , fh etc
I've put my little dovii out of my growout in with mine hes been in a week no probs so far
thanks bro i decided to not risk pbass with him but i cant get why he is so aggressive at 6.5 inches maybe i will add some clown loaches with him but thats all. so today i decided to remove the black background and now he is more gold colour. so what is the best way to get that dark colour with red colour on his gills and stuff like this in the pic below

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Well I've always thought black back, bottom and sides brings out nice dark colours , in have black PVC pipes for my cats and black air line etc (basically as much black as poss to darken the aro) I've also always found that feeding raw prawn/shrimp as well as pellet brings out bright colours on the spangles
Mine could do with some his tail spangles are looking a bit washed out ATM guessing he's having a growing spurt

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Well I've always thought black back, bottom and sides brings out nice dark colours , in have black PVC pipes for my cats and black air line etc (basically as much black as poss to darken the aro) I've also always found that feeding raw prawn/shrimp as well as pellet brings out bright colours on the spangles
Mine could do with some his tail spangles are looking a bit washed out ATM guessing he's having a growing spurt

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
thanks mate so i have decided black background with black gravel and i may add 2 kois as tankmates

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store