help with my cichlids ASAP

Gator_GPRC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2009
SW Florida
mike dunagan;2745402; said:
floating is horrible for african cichlids.
May I ask why? Just curious, never heard that before.

The pellets I bought are 1mm, that is the only size they carried. Its cool though, I can feed it to my fry. It is funny, they search the gravel for about 15 minutes looking for the little pellets.

lol Pittbull!

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
SINKING!!

I wont say it anymore you MUST have SINKING foods, no floating pellets.

Buy New Life Spectrum sinking pellets. Its expensive but worth it. I bought 1mm for $8 and 3mm for $14 at the local fish shop. You can buy it online as well - just as others have said.

In simple terms: If your fish gulps air while it's eating the air gets stuck in the fish causing it to float and unless treated properly will kill the fish.

Gator_GPRC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2009
SW Florida
Ash;2748987; said:
SINKING!!

I wont say it anymore you MUST have SINKING foods, no floating pellets.

Buy New Life Spectrum sinking pellets. Its expensive but worth it. I bought 1mm for $8 and 3mm for $14 at the local fish shop. You can buy it online as well - just as others have said.

In simple terms: If your fish gulps air while it's eating the air gets stuck in the fish causing it to float and unless treated properly will kill the fish.

Your not saying it anymore?? Who are you talking to? If its me, I don't recall asking you... So your not telling me twice!

I bought NLS, I commented about it in post #91. I said it sinks too fast and the pellets are to small. As far as gulping air? If you say so, but my fish are at the top of the tank waiting for food to hit the water. Never seen them float before...

Blue2Fyre

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
I have heard that regarding goldfish before but I don't know how much I believe it. I use a variety of food including flake, sinking pellets, floating and fresh veggies. My fish eat grab the floating quickly but then they seem to chew on it a bit so I don't think they're eating air.

Blue2Fyre

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Oh they are ready for food no problem. They remind me of little squirrels the way they cram so much food in their mouths at feeding time

rivendel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
Canada
podgethai;2749081; said:
maybe get rid of the cichlids and keep your gold fish.
or buy a bigger tank for the cichlids and it might be ok

What???!!!! you dont get it dont you? i have a goldfish at my room only 10 gal, and 1 50 gal, and 1 55 gal for cichlid but still working on it, right now my 5 african cichlid is on my 33 gal, coz im still setting up my new 55 gal... if i where you go back to 1st page, if you got nothing to say nice then just dont say it or maybe eat your fish...

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Gator_GPRC;2749066; said:
Your not saying it anymore?? Who are you talking to? If its me, I don't recall asking you... So your not telling me twice!

I bought NLS, I commented about it in post #91. I said it sinks too fast and the pellets are to small. As far as gulping air? If you say so, but my fish are at the top of the tank waiting for food to hit the water. Never seen them float before...
lol noooo I wasn't talking to you about the food I was talking to rivendel cuse I posted the nls sinking before =]

I was just giving you a short simple description of float - they may be at the top waiting for food but if it sinks then they may not catch it right at the surface but right below the surface instead. If it was something right at the surface floating and they were to go up there and try to eat it and took in a gulp of air with the food then they can get float.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store