Help with new Mbunas

pakash

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Mexico
Hello guys i have so many questions

1) I already have Cynotilapia Zebroides new name, they keep breeding most of the time, but im not so sure if i really like them, because the alpha male has a pale blue with black stripes or bar, and the females blue or white pale.

2) My top favourite is MSOBO MAGUNGA the male colors and female.

3) Mainganos they keep all pale blue don´t really like them, maybe changing them for Cynotilapia Cobue and remove the maingano.

NEW STOCKLIST

1) 6 MSOBO MAGUNGA (1M/5F)
2) 6 Elongatus Neon Spot or Mpanga
3) 6 Cynotilapia Afra Cobue or Afra hara Gallireya Reef White Top

Anyhelp pliz

Main tank 125g plus 55g sump

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello guys i have so many questions

1) I already have Cynotilapia Zebroides new name, they keep breeding most of the time, but im not so sure if i really like them, because the alpha male has a pale blue with black stripes or bar, and the females blue or white pale.

2) My top favourite is MSOBO MAGUNGA the male colors and female.

3) Mainganos they keep all pale blue don´t really like them, maybe changing them for Cynotilapia Cobue and remove the maingano.

NEW STOCKLIST

1) 6 MSOBO MAGUNGA (1M/5F)
2) 6 Elongatus Neon Spot or Mpanga
3) 6 Cynotilapia Afra Cobue or Afra hara Gallireya Reef White Top

Anyhelp pliz

Main tank 125g plus 55g sump
D deeda

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
I would not mix the Cynotilapia with the elongatus...both blue barred fish. I wonder if your tank is stressful because the maingano are brilliant...I have never seen a pale one. Maybe you just don't have enough fish in the 125G...for mixed gender mbuna I would shoot for 25 individuals.

Note the Cynotilapia Afra Cobue is now Cynotilapia zebroides cobue...almost all the former afras are now zebroides. So the cobue and the zebroides you have now are going to be similar.

The Cynotilapia sp. hara is not an afra or a zebroides. It used to be called white top and/or Galliyreya Reef. Cynotilapia sp. hara is the current name.

pakash

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Mexico
And the best stocklist:

- 6 MBOSO MAGUNGA
- 6 CYNOTILAPIA ZEBROIDES VS COBUE WHICH ONE?
- 6 ELONGATUS NEON SPOT VS CYNOTILAPIA SP. HARA

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
Demasoni are difficult to keep, but if you are keeping them in a 125G with msobo I would do 20 demasoni after removing males and 10 msobo 1m:9f.

Reactions: pakash

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
Part of what makes demasoni hard to keep. I watch mine spawn or hold to ID the females. And their health can be delicate, they have a very long gut.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store