Help with set up purchase decision

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Hi, I found a post about a 150 gallon aquarium with stand and light for $200. It also includes a reptile misting machine which is awesome since I own a chameleon already. It looks nice, but is out of town. The guy is willing to deliver. What questions should I be asking without seeing 1st hand. He has been using it for his snake, but swears it holds water without leaking. He is filling it today and will send photos. Anything else I can ask? Should I do it? If it turns out to leak once I set up at home, how hard is it to repair? image.jpeg image.jpeg

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I'd be asking him to fill it and leave it up for 2 days filled. Heat and lack of water may spell disaster for an aquarium's silicone.

to be honest though, at $200 that's a pretty good deal so even if you buy it and it leaks, you can reseal it fairly cheap.

Reactions: Brittanirdh

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
We'll never mind. He sent messurements and it's only 4ft x 18 inches x 26 inches. That's not 150 gallon. The search continues....

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
image.png
This would be how many gallons correct? That's not the same great deal. What do you think?

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Finally found one! Picking up Sunday. Super stoked! It was set up for salt water though. Any special way I need to clean to set up for freshwater or any cautions advise etc appreciated! image.png

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Also, it has hang on back overflow and sump, not drilled. I've never used this or been exposed to one. How does it work and what do I need to know. I'm currently using a hang on back filter and a canister filter. Is the sump better or worse. Can I just run what I have or do I need to use the sump? Sorry for all the questions, gonna be a newby to the big tank world.

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Also, it has hang on back overflow and sump, not drilled. I've never used this or been exposed to one. How does it work and what do I need to know. I'm currently using a hang on back filter and a canister filter. Is the sump better or worse. Can I just run what I have or do I need to use the sump? Sorry for all the questions, gonna be a newby to the big tank world.
Sorry built in overflow, tubes go over back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store