Help! Worried Flowerhorn may be sick!

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Recently my 5in srd flowerhorn has been acting funny in a number of ways, im worried he may be sick but im not sure so I need your guys help. I will detail everything below:

1) Has become very skittish the last month. Zooming around the tank, sometimes banging into things when I approach. Once im there for a sec he realizes its me and comes close.

2) His coloration has turn very dark the past couple weeks and has lost alot of color.

3) Appetite has been low. I feed once per day and he only ends up eating around 5 pellets each day, sometimes spitting them back out. Also seems his growth has slowed alot.

4) Most concerning, his poop has been white, and sometimes mucus covered. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. I turned up the temp and added salt with water changes hasn't made a difference.

Important details: He is in a 50 gallon by himself, with 2 x aquaclear 70s. his anus does not appear swollen, red, or that anything is popping out. His scales/ body appear parasite free, including the gills. He has been in this tank for about 6 months since he was about 3in

Not sure if i am over reacting or something may be wrong. Any ideas would be greatly appreciate!

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I would but it wouldn't show anything as there are no external signs. I am please to say that his hunger it a lot higher today actually lounging for food. Continueing epsom treatment

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
Hex is a pain. Treat with epsom salts and/or metrodiazanole.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store