Not open for further replies.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Sorry. You need to move to a state that allows them.

Florida:

Prohibited Fish

Electric Catfish
African Tigerfish
Airbreathing Catfish
Parasitic Catfish
Electric Eel
Lampreys
Piranha
Snakeheads
Tilapias
Trahiras
Airsac Catfish
Green Sunfish
Australian Crayfish
Zebra Mussel
Mitten Crab

Restricted fish

Bighead Carp
Bony-tongue fish
Dorados
FW stingrays
Grass Carp
Nile Perches
Silver Carp
Snail/Black Carp
Tilapia
Walking Catfish
Redclaw Crayfish
Blue Catfish
Red Swamp Crayfish

To protect and conserve Florida's natural aquatic resources and help ensure public safety, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) prohibits (see Prohibited fishes) or restricts (see list above) certain non-native fishes and aquatic fauna. Moreover, no person shall allow or permit any freshwater aquatic organism not native to the state to remain in the waters of any pond which is not maintained or operated for the production of such non-native species.

The FWC uses well-defined criteria to determine where a species should appear on the list. The most current list is available by checking the statutes (See 68A-23.008). Species that were included on the list as of July 2003 are described on this page. In general, prohibited non-native aquatic species, listed in red in the link box above, may not be imported, sold, possessed or transported in Florida. Very limited exceptions are made by permit for viewing at large public aquaria or for research, provided Commission-approved maximum security requirements are met. No exceptions are made for certain prohibited species, such as piranha. Research permits for prohibited aquatic species are also very stringent.
Restricted non-native aquatic species, listed in brown in the link box above, may only be possessed under permit from the executive director. Prior to the issuance of such permit, the facilities where the restricted aquatic species are to be kept and waters where their use is intended may be inspected by Commission personnel to assure that adequate safeguards exist to prevent escape or accidental release into the waters of the state.
Note that much of the information on this page was taken from Fish base and "Living Fishes of the World," by Herald, or from the "Identification Guide to the Restricted and Prohibited Exotic Fishes," which was edited by Lt. Tom Quinn for FWC.

Link: http://floridafisheries.com/Fishes/Restricted.html

riskistang

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
North Aurora, IL 60542
The TRUST said:
PLus I dont think they are offered at 3". I may be worng but I think when they are born they are over 3" already
Your right, and if you got one that small, being a new ray keeper...it probably would die.....I would buy atleast a 7-8" motoro to start with :thumbsup:

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Peanut_Power said:
Wow...startin to love the fact that I live in Nebraska! haha...no restrictions baby!! Aside from the obvious SH...:(...
Nebraska now also bans all Crenici...um...er...I meant to say; Clarias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store