HELP

AnDr3w

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
Davie, FL
I am very intrested in building a sump. I can make it out of an extra 10 g tank. I am using an Eheim 2215 to suck the water out of the sump back in to the main tank. Can someone please tell me how to get the main tank water in the sump? I cant drill it and I dont know what to do. Thank you, Andrew

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
ArRoW A 91;675854; said:
I am very intrested in building a sump. I can make it out of an extra 10 g tank. I am using an Eheim 2215 to suck the water out of the sump back in to the main tank. Can someone please tell me how to get the main tank water in the sump? I cant drill it and I dont know what to do. Thank you, Andrew
youll need an overflow system to get water from the main tank to the sump. I'm assuming your eheim is a canister and i dont think that it would be effective in moving water from your sump back to the main tank as gravity plays a large role in a canisters water movement. you can invest in fairly inexpensive pumps to do the trick. Drs foster and smith sell a decent ViaAqua pump for 12 bucks that i use.

AnDr3w

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
Davie, FL
Do you know about how much the overflow system would cost? And also, yes, the Eheim is a canister. Thank you, Andrew

AnDr3w

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
Davie, FL
Thanks. Ill try that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store