Help!

Oscaric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hi all,

I have a new baby barracuda bought today.I am Just wondering what to feed it since it didn't want to eat just now.

Help me. Thanks!!

Reactions: Fishsoups

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi all,

I have a new baby barracuda bought today.I am Just wondering what to feed it since it didn't want to eat just now.

Help me. Thanks!!
Welcome to MFK☺
The Barracuda needs to acclimate to its new environment. Could you post a pic.

Oscaric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hi tlindsey, thank you! ive tried but he still doesnt eat. Perhaps I have to wait till tmr maybe? I guess he is still trying to adjust..

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
That's a hujeta gar. Get some floating plants. It'll help to settle it in. Even getting a couple more will help reduce stress.

If it's just newly added then give it time and will eat soon.

Mine would eat floating flakes, tubifex, carnisticks and etc.

Should be easy to break off of live food. Sometimes making sure the food is shaped like a feeder and thrown into some current will help.

Like tlindsey tlindsey mentioned. Get off the live foods as the risk of disease/parasites.

Oscaric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
That's a hujeta gar. Get some floating plants. It'll help to settle it in. Even getting a couple more will help reduce stress.

If it's just newly added then give it time and will eat soon.

Mine would eat floating flakes, tubifex, carnisticks and etc.

Should be easy to break off of live food. Sometimes making sure the food is shaped like a feeder and thrown into some current will help.

Like tlindsey tlindsey mentioned. Get off the live foods as the risk of disease/parasites.
Hi kno4te

I will be sure to do that! Thank you so much for the advice.

Reactions: kno4te and tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store