Washington
www.facebook.com

5Spot Junkie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2010
Washington
www.facebook.com
Started with 5. Put all 5 of them in one tank along with 5 dovii's, convict, RD and Jewel. Was hard work to get this pair. Had to pull the guy that was killing everyone out of the tank for a good 8hrs. Kept him in a net in my 50g. Put him back in, he reclaimed his tank, pair formed later that evening. I'm pretty sure that I had 2 males and 3 females. The head seems to be shaped just a bit different. Feeding them pellets, bloodworms (dried) and shrimp. Water parameters = Amonia - 0, Nitrites - 0, Nitrates - 0, water temp 76. I think they like the 76 temp better. They colored up pretty fast and the female became more active with the cleaning.
Heres a better vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJNAMQhlURo

5Spot Junkie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2010
Washington
www.facebook.com
Corn, if you look at the vid with the eggs hatched, you should see the difference in the head shapes. It's hard to explain. The one that's super red, is the female. She's also the only one trying to attack my finger. This pair is about 4 inches. You will also see the females tube hanging down when you get a pair. I really couldn't see any differences besides the head shape. The male with the same head shape was the first to die. I guess that would make sense though. Eliminate the competition (other males) and mate with a female. I still have another female (if my theory is correct) in my 50g incase things go wrong. This was the only other one out of the 5 that survived. Take a look at the vid and let me know what you think. There is no information on these fish at all. I'm going to try to make as many vids as possible. I'll try to shoot and upload on e every 24hrs.

How your fish doing?

cornbread_5

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2007
connecticut
I looked at the vid and because they were never really side by side i couldnt see the difference in shape of the head but i know which one was the female because she is super red on the belly and the male wasnt and the tube was out like u said

5Spot Junkie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2010
Washington
www.facebook.com
I'll try to get a better vid for you. I'll post another later on tonight. All your fish still alive?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store