Hemisorubim platyrhynchos

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Little guy was delivered 3 days ago. Pretty fish but too small to be with the others looked to be 3ish inches. Currently in a 75 gal by itself.

Im pretty sure its eating as it does have a small belly bump. So far ive offered small peices of shrimp, pellets and blood worms. Dont think it took pellets though.

Anyone keeping these cats have any tips ? From what i read they like cooler temps but also saw some older threads where they seemed to do fine in the 78 to 80 range.

What ive noticed so far is its very nocturnal huding most of the day hopefully that changes as it puts on some size and settles in.

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
I've got one around the 6-7" mark. Takes white fish and prawns with no issues. Haven't ever seen him take pellets.

Mines in higher temperatures. Haven't noticed any unusual behaviour. He also swims around in the day time with no issues, although likes some cover to hide under.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I've got one around the 6-7" mark. Takes white fish and prawns with no issues. Haven't ever seen him take pellets.

Mines in higher temperatures. Haven't noticed any unusual behaviour. He also swims around in the day time with no issues, although likes some cover to hide under.
Thx for the reply man. So far it doesnt seem too fussy and has taken tilapia, shrimp, and blood worms but not pellets.

What has growth rate been like ? Have any pics ?

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
Thx for the reply man. So far it doesnt seem too fussy and has taken tilapia, shrimp, and blood worms but not pellets.

What has growth rate been like ? Have any pics ?
Growth rates pretty slow. I've had it around 2.5 months. Seems to of added a cm or so, but its thickened out a lot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store