Her hips don’t lie

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
Ive been watching this thread for awhile and I'm rooting for you and your rays Matteus Matteus seems like progress is being made. Good luck!

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Thanks folks. Still not quite out of the water yet. She eats worms now- good. But no more than 2 at a time - ugh. I have another batch of 50 ghost shrimp and 50 white clouds coming today. Hopefully I can beef her up a bit.

I moved 6 fish out of the tank last night so that should help to lower the bioload. And I am looking into adding another fx5 as well.

Reactions: islandguy11

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Matteus Matteus are you continuing the antibiotic treatment? Some antibiotics boost appetite it seems the initial dose did that for her I would continue the treatment for the recommended amount of time.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Yes I am on day 4 of 10. I am remembering all the times that I have been on antibiotics and how crappy it can make me feel. Usually I try to feed her right after a dose so she has something in her stomach.

She had the biggest, longest spiraly poop today. It was such a sigh of relief for both us probably. She hasn’t had the typical spiral poop since I have been monitoring her.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Yes I am on day 4 of 10. I am remembering all the times that I have been on antibiotics and how crappy it can make me feel. Usually I try to feed her right after a dose so she has something in her stomach.

She had the biggest, longest spiraly poop today. It was such a sigh of relief for both us probably. She hasn’t had the typical spiral poop since I have been monitoring her.
Brother you should consider to build an DIY shower filter for the tank. Its an amazing filtration for raytanks when it comes to oxygen saturation and biological filtration. Ill post some pics later on today when im home from work.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I was considering it. I have a garbage bag full of bio balls and a spare pump I could use. I also have the diy tower filter of shelves full of pot scrubbers.

I am just trying to figure out a way to make it look somewhat symmetrical and not too ugly since the tank is right in our living room and you can see it from across the street. Also considering the weight of something like that on top of the glass lid.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I was considering it. I have a garbage bag full of bio balls and a spare pump I could use. I also have the diy tower filter of shelves full of pot scrubbers.

I am just trying to figure out a way to make it look somewhat symmetrical and not too ugly since the tank is right in our living room and you can see it from across the street. Also considering the weight of something like that on top of the glass lid.
The weight you dont have to think about. Its hardly any water in it. If it looks ugly put some fabric around it and cover it;)

Reactions: Matteus and cigars

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Now that you are talking about this, I am trying to think of a way to make this work. I will need to somehow prop up the pump so it doesn’t sit in the sand. Also need to figure out how to drain back into the tank.

Reactions: islandguy11

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Now that you are talking about this, I am trying to think of a way to make this work. I will need to somehow prop up the pump so it doesn’t sit in the sand. Also need to figure out how to drain back into the tank.
Well the pump is easy. Put it on a shorter hose so its hanging in the hose. Thats what i have done. And for returns you use bulkheads in the bottom of the filter. Then pvc or hose down in the water. Remember to always have larger return the inlet.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I just had a freak out moment. She was curling her body upward and downward. I found it to be quite concerning so I sent a video to a friend and he says it looks like she is having trouble pooping.

This makes sense as she has not been very regular the last few days since only eating worms.

Does anyone know of any tricks to help with constipation? I have offered her algae pellets and no go. I will throw some probiotics into her little box, I have heard probiotics help with digestion.

Reactions: BigShawn
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store