Here is my babies sold as azul.

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
A quick video of my baby piquiti. Don't mind the dirty glass, this isn't a show tank.

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Yea, from what I gather from looking at other pics and stuff they are piquiti. Lets just hope wetspot doesnt realize the value of them and they grow out nicely.
Did you buy these directly from wetspot? Captive bred cichla are cheap these days

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
Yea, I bought 5 initially, one got stuck on a power head intake one passed but not sure why, it was the littlest one so maybe just couldnt compete and the 3rd one died as it become lunch for the biggest one. Now I have these 2 that pretty much stay side by side.

jimmie1974

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2008
New Jersey
Good. I got two myself last week. Yours got bigger quick. Also just ordered two intermedia from discus origins. I was worried these azuls were tems but seeing yours are ahead of mine, my worries are over. What are you feeding them

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
a mix of freeze dried shrimp,blood worms thawed mysis shrimp, beef heart, feeders and just attempted some pellets today. They mouthed them but never did commit but its a start. These jokers do grow pretty fast.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store