Hi All.. my first post.. intro to my Aro

PredatoryFishMagazine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
HuttShun said:
my ph is 6.. i rise it to 7 already guess its a small eater

I'd be careful playing around with your water's Ph. If you added a chemical to your tank that claims to raise the ph be aware these results are only temporary. It will drop back down in a few days. Putting your fish through a ph roller-coaster ride will kill them faster than letting them adjust to your normal ph.

Another option you have though is to mix crushed coral with the substrate your already using. The crushed coral will help buffer your water and raise your ph naturally.

Or, just do more frequent water changes. Even if the ph is a little different than what you'd like (or what your fish would like), small partial water changes maybe twice a week will help them out a lot and help keep them healthier.

Just my opinion, but I'd be careful messing around with the ph too much. You may be doing more bad than good.

HuttShun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Singapore
PredatoryFishMagazine said:
I'd be careful playing around with your water's Ph. If you added a chemical to your tank that claims to raise the ph be aware these results are only temporary. It will drop back down in a few days. Putting your fish through a ph roller-coaster ride will kill them faster than letting them adjust to your normal ph.

Another option you have though is to mix crushed coral with the substrate your already using. The crushed coral will help buffer your water and raise your ph naturally.

Or, just do more frequent water changes. Even if the ph is a little different than what you'd like (or what your fish would like), small partial water changes maybe twice a week will help them out a lot and help keep them healthier.

Just my opinion, but I'd be careful messing around with the ph too much. You may be doing more bad than good.
hmmm ok thanks for the advice

marshy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Little Red Dot
Steve_89 said:
This one here. Is this kind of bar pattern normal?? I find this verrrrry impressive. Ive never seen anything like this. Is this a rare variation???
Here in Singapore we refer to them as "Patchy" Tigers.
No one really knows how they came to be and what (Siamese or Indo) variation are they.

A small history of this little fella. His stripe/pathc patterns are symmetrical on both sides. I hand carried him in from Vietnam/Hanoi back in Dec 2003 when it was merely 4 inches size. Since then when I introduced him into the Tigers community in a local Aro forum, the "Patchy" Tigers craze followed and everyone was asking LFS to source for such. ell, the stock of similar "Patchy" tigers came in and there was a buying frenzy for awhile. But now, its not in demand anymore and alot of people are trying to sell them.

But I'm keeping on to my very original 1st Patchy Tiger I have! :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store