High tech 40b progression

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
Ah okay. I've been using a dual stage regulator that cost a bit more than yours (I have two needle valves on it though so I can inject to two different tanks) but its something that someone made. It works fine, I just don't think the needle valves are that great (gets the job done but eh) and the solenoid could be a little more solid looking (the wires on it are a little flimsy) but I guess if I ever really wanted too I could get new needle valves and a different solenoid.

I'd love to put together my own regulator one of these days....it just kinda costs a fair chunk of cash.

thrillbillie12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Conneaut Lake PA
www.myspace.com
Just got done reading through this whole thread. I'm left speechless F1. Huge thumbs up to you sir. Tank looks great, it looked really good when it was overgrown but that's just personal preference on my end. Keep up the good job. It's funny to think to, all of that hard work for a fish, which is equally as stunning.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Ah okay. I've been using a dual stage regulator that cost a bit more than yours (I have two needle valves on it though so I can inject to two different tanks) but its something that someone made. It works fine, I just don't think the needle valves are that great (gets the job done but eh) and the solenoid could be a little more solid looking (the wires on it are a little flimsy) but I guess if I ever really wanted too I could get new needle valves and a different solenoid.

I'd love to put together my own regulator one of these days....it just kinda costs a fair chunk of cash.
Nice. With fish you cherish injecting c02 can be a risk but using quality equipment reduces these risks greatly! I'd love to see a pic of your regulator setup! BTW does your solenoid get hot?

Just got done reading through this whole thread. I'm left speechless F1. Huge thumbs up to you sir. Tank looks great, it looked really good when it was overgrown but that's just personal preference on my end. Keep up the good job. It's funny to think to, all of that hard work for a fish, which is equally as stunning.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks!

Its ok, my 1st attempt at a true planted tank! I've always had top plants like terrestrial or like pothos but yea this has been journey. All for the fish which I adore!

Again thanks for your comment much appreciated!

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
I might have a pic in my 75 thread or something...I can take another one in like two weeks when I'm home again.

To my knowledge I've never noticed it getting hot, but I could be wrong.
I found it, first pic on the thread, it an airgas obviously but I believe its the model in the link which is medical grade and 200$ just for the reg, I may be wrong but the gauges match and you have to add the bottle, solenoid, needle, check valves and adapters so when all is said and done its a good $400+ new setup unless I'm wrong on the model. Definitely a good brand tho uploadfromtaptalk1399868915278.jpg

http://m.ebay.com/itm/191155804025?nav=SEARCH

Nice!

I just like how GLA custom builds their regs and tests them under pressure before sending them out. I'm sure all good companies test them tho

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title×

uploadfromtaptalk1399869020851.jpg

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
I can tell you I did NOT pay $400.....I paid like $250 lol
Must be a different one idk..

On another note my lace leaf is absolutely taking off again. 1-2 new leaves a day.. will update with pics tonight

In related somehow I lost 200psi in my c02 tank yesterday.... tightened everything up on the reg and lowered working pressure to 15psi.

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Huge update*

Did a serious revamp on the tank, moved the crypt, moss and wood to give it more depth and looks.

Lemme know what you think!

uploadfromtaptalk1400854262017.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400854313395.jpg

Lace leaf taking off once again, a big reason I moved the crypt! uploadfromtaptalk1400854287343.jpg

The roots were insane, nearly pulled up half the substrate uploadfromtaptalk1400854359798.jpg

Pulled out a lot of foliage, imo it gives it a cleaner look!uploadfromtaptalk1400854410578.jpg

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Nice!

My lace has been growing but oddly spreading its leafs out rather than up....moved it to my foreground.

Crypts are like that though, their root systems are MASSIVE
Yea no doubt a massive ball of roots. Definitely a more tidy rescape!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store