Hikari Bio gold - sinking ??

HikariSalesUSA

M.A.N. Community Sponsor
MFK Member
Community Sponsor
Jan 31, 2010
Unfortunately, there are no plans to make a larger pellet due to the fact that larger fish can easily eat the medium pellet without any issue and the smaller size can actually improve utilization. Please remember, a larger fish can always eat a smaller pellet but if a smaller fish were to take in a pellet that is too large for them serious health issues could result.

dcp5082

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2010
Pennsylvania
relatively old thread, but I'll add some input, i feed my piranha sinking cichlid gold, and I would love to use bio-gold but they just wont come to the surface to eat, thats just the way they are, sinking bio-gold would be killer awesome I'd buy some : )

HikariSalesUSA

M.A.N. Community Sponsor
MFK Member
Community Sponsor
Jan 31, 2010
If you soak the floating Cichlid Bio-Gold+ pellets for a few minutes and then slightly squeeze each one before putting in aquarium they will sink quickly. A bit of a hassle, but one way to get them on the pellet. Once they have eaten it a few times they may come to the surface to get the pellets.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Unfortunately, there are no plans to make a larger pellet due to the fact that larger fish can easily eat the medium pellet without any issue and the smaller size can actually improve utilization. Please remember, a larger fish can always eat a smaller pellet but if a smaller fish were to take in a pellet that is too large for them serious health issues could result.
My 3ft barramundi having hard time to see medium sinking Gold pellets, and he scare me everytime he went up for the large Gold pellets. When he gulp the pellets, the pressure he produced lifts the lid! :nilly: It would be nice if there's large sinking Gold pellets

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I'd love to see a small sinking Bio-Gold pellet offered.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store