Hikari vs. NLS

Err

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2009
Austin Texas
As far as pellets go, I only use NLS, its got a better nutrition make up over hakari, when I saw Hakari gold/staple ect had MSG in it I quit buying it :eek:. I have this rule about my animals, If its a chemical I wont eat (anything man made), then neither will they, my chihuahua eats healthier food than the vast majority of people I know. However Hakari Emerald entre, blood worms, Krill and squid are all awsome whole natural frozen foods.

ybrik84

Feeder Fish
Jun 28, 2009
Costa Mesa
I prefer Hikari, NLS is ok. But NLS is the same ingredients for saltwater or freshwater fish. If you get a can of cichlid formula and a can of marine formula, what is the difference? How is this better than a diet specifically formulated for specific fish? Just sayin...

japes

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
ybrik84;3622949; said:
I prefer Hikari, NLS is ok. But NLS is the same ingredients for saltwater or freshwater fish. If you get a can of cichlid formula and a can of marine formula, what is the difference? How is this better than a diet specifically formulated for specific fish? Just sayin...
I'm no nutrionist, but other than having "Cichlid" written somewhere on the front of the packet, how are Hikari products "specifically formulated" for Cichlids more so than any other order of fish?

fishluvr12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2007
TN
Both are good but Bio-gold is def. better.Don't see were everyone is trying to say NLS has better nutritional value:screwy:I just looked and it's the other way around.But they are close and both good.

buddha1200

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2008
camden, NJ
i use hikari cichlid gold,and massivore,none of my will touch nls but that is probablyjust because they were raised on the other,i just now read both packages they are both about the same in nutritional value,massivore just has alittle more protien

uncwnells

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Wilmington, NC
ive tried both, and I have mixed them. The fish love both, but NLS clouds your water, period.

cchhcc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA USA
uncwnells;3623483; said:
ive tried both, and I have mixed them. The fish love both, but NLS clouds your water, period.
You may be feeding too much. I've never had that happen and have been using it for years.

You actually don't have to feed as much NLS as with other pellets as it is more nutrionally dense.

Biggfeast

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2009
SoCal
i tried nls but my fish just spits it back out, guess its not too high on flavor as it is in nutrition, im guna stick with hikari cichlid gold and bio-gold and when he gets a little bigger ill get him on some massivore pellets too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store