Hobo Spiders = fish treat

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Careful, don't get bit. Their toxin is similar to brown recluse bites. It makes a slowly growing ulcer that takes forever to heal and throbs. I was bitten just above the beltline 1n 1993 and the scar is now almost gone. The hole was about 3/4" wide and 1/4" deep.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Not at first, just a little sting like a deer fly, but the knot kept getting bigger and more purple and painful for a few days then ruptured and got purelent, evntually I reamed it out with hydrogen peroxide and salt water, and got some antibiotics. Peroxided it daily for a couple weeks until it dried up and started to heal. Once it ruptured, yes it hurt.

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
:eek: that's the thing about feeding these poisonous insects. could endanger your own life. worst could hurt your love ones if they escape and hide in your own house.

phene4grene420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
york, pa
madwill42292 said:
i just saw in discover magazine the hobos have been killing people in washington..... thats funny tho, is that the flowerhorn's favorite treat?
they meant the hobos that hitch rides in boxcars on trains.

i've fed my fish plenty of housefound spiders. no problems....yet.

spryandspringy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2005
The Lone Star State!
We get crickets all over the place (indoors and out) here in central Texas. And also huge spiders. The crickets get plopped in with the convicts, but I just can't take the risk with the spiders; I have no idea what kind they are and whether or not they might be poisonous.

hemiboo

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Charleston, SC
My oscars love the crickets that seem to be everywhere around here, and my jewels love the little tree frogs that always smear up my front window. I don't usually want to touch the spiders after I demolish them tho.

Thomas_Hung

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2004
Moscow, Idaho
Goldfish said:
Anything happen to your flowerhorn?

Nah she is fine :D

As for being them biting me, I've been killing these things atleast once a day since I moved into my new place (basement apt) I know its only a matter of time before one gets me...evil little ****ers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store