Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
1ppm
If yes, what is your nitrite?
0ppm
If yes, what is your nitrate?
100+ ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hi there. I have a 17" Kelberi in a 1000g aquarium. I've been away at university for the past month-ish and left the tank in the care of my parents.
I've told them what to do while I'm gone and been talking to them about how to do maintenance on this tank.
Long story short I come home to a disaster. Debris everywhere, Nitrates through the roof, and about 1ppm of ammonia...
I've spent all day cleaning the tank, and constantly kept discovering new issues.
My pumps ****ed somehow, filter won't backwash right, and now there's these holes in the hill plates of my absolute favorite fish.
Pictures of them below.
Is this ammonia burn or an infection of some sort? Or both?
His gills aren't reddened, but I have never seen these blemishes, he's also the only fish with this issue.
My Shovelnose is fine, my Severum is fine, my Gars are fine. Just the Kelberi has this issue.
His breathing isn't very labored, and he's not flashing and scratching.
He's also got his appetite and doesn't fight with anybody. He also isn't skittish and I haven't introduce a new fish in this tank for over a year.
Somebody please help me, I cannot find any good info via Google and I've not encountered ammonia issues since beginning the hobby.

Also it would let my put my water change frequency in currently, but I usually do 25% twice a week on this tank, and kept my parameters at 0ppm Ammonia, 0ppm Nitrite, and less than 30ppm Nitrate.

I can provide more photos if these aren't good enough. I took an underside photo of his gills in case anybody wanted to see that. Holes are on both sides on his gill plates.

PXL_20211005_183843246.jpg

PXL_20211005_183834143.jpg

PXL_20211005_183806408.MP.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store