Holes in fish?

angelcrze

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
Gatineau
Oh yea, you cannot get metro in Canada...I have one left from before the ban....I would use it if it were expired, it might just not be as effective or less potent.

I always found treating metro in the water column was wasteful, that’s why I liked the feeding method.
Ok I totally agree :) I don't like treating the water with Metro either. Ok i'll try it tomorrow.
Not sure if I should split them up, what you think? I usually would keep them together bc angels like company, but now i'm down to two and was thinking the platinum could go in a cycled QT tank with plants (bamboo and water lettuce) and keep the blue silver in the tank. Or just keep them together? I'll try really hard to feed the blue silver some Metro at least even though he hasn't been interested in food for 3 days. It still feels nice to have some hope. He's really nice.

Last edited:

angelcrze

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
Gatineau
Yeah can't really do anymore damage then what's been done already.

I know I have a hard time keeping angels but that's just due to the water in my town having such a high PH and ammonia content. The PH here is roughly 8.6-9, out of the tap, and the ammonia is usually around .30.

Tried complaining to the city water supplier but they just told me to STFU and go away (on FaceBook no less) if I don't like it. Lol if I could move I would but that ain't going to happen for some time yet.
Oh! Sorry to hear. The ammonia must be annoying. At least you can keep it in a safe state until your filter processes it. The pH is high wow! Do you know your hardness? I've known some to keep angels in higher pH water like 8, but they don't breed. At least there are higher pH fish to choose from. Just different.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Ok I totally agree :) I don't like treating the water with Metro either. Ok i'll try it tomorrow.
Not sure if I should split them up, what you think? I usually would keep them together bc angels like company, but now i'm down to two and was thinking the platinum could go in a cycled QT tank with plants (bamboo and water lettuce) and keep the blue silver in the tank. Or just keep them together? I'll try really hard to feed the blue silver some Metro at least even though he hasn't been interested in food for 3 days. It still feels nice to have some hope. He's really nice.
If it were my tank, I would keep together and treat both.

Reactions: angelcrze

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Oh! Sorry to hear. The ammonia must be annoying. At least you can keep it in a safe state until your filter processes it. The pH is high wow! Do you know your hardness? I've known some to keep angels in higher pH water like 8, but they don't breed. At least there are higher pH fish to choose from. Just different.
My tests don't read GH or KH sadly so I've got no clue on the hardness. But I have bred angels in the tank before but sadly the male always ate the fry after a week or 2 of free swimming.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Got 3 angels atm that I'm growing out to breed. Got them in my 55g planted tank atm till they pair off and then once paired I'll seperate the pairs into a couple of 35g tanks with no tank mates.

angelcrze

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
Gatineau
Got 3 angels atm that I'm growing out to breed. Got them in my 55g planted tank atm till they pair off and then once paired I'll seperate the pairs into a couple of 35g tanks with no tank mates.
I did the same thing! Now my angels are in the big tanks as a school, but I used to have 3 x 33g honeymoon breeder tanks with angel pairs.

If I get back into breeding angels, I think i'll just use the 33gs temporarily and after the pair spawns, put them back with the school. Just something I want to try.

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
Id split them.
It cant hurt. The blue can still pass something onto the plat at any moment so I wouldn't risk it. Not like you have a shortage of tanks or anything so you mind as well use them. lol

angelcrze

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
Gatineau
Id split them.
It cant hurt. The blue can still pass something onto the plat at any moment so I wouldn't risk it. Not like you have a shortage of tanks or anything so you mind as well use them. lol
Thanks for your opinion. Right, but I do have limited space. Haven't decided yet if i'll split them, but i'll def try to feed some Metro today.

Reactions: DwarfCichlidLvr
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store