Homemade remineralizing recipe for ro water.

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
My current tank is an indoor pond so I use plastic baskets with a hanger I got locally from the plant section. One can find all sort of stuff that may work depending on your setup. In my glass tank I used the riparium baskets from https://www.aquaverdi.com/ They attach with a suction cup to the side. He actually does deliver to Europe, just ask them for a delivery quote.

Substrate is hydroton clay pebbles. They need to be soaked first or they'll float out but if the basket is small such as the riparium one they won't. You can get them at any sort of hydroponics shop local or online. Just google them.

I currently have peace lilies, two big parlour palms and Syngonium podophyllum. They're fairly easy and will definitely adapt to their roots being in the water. There are many other options though. I just haven't ventured as one has so much room. My plants are massive and would fill the entire 240G pond and more had they been underwater species.

Here is a bad picture of a plant basket I took. My kuhli loaches by the way love hiding in there and bred in my hard water...I only found out recently as I found a baby loach in the basket.

You need light over them. I use a combination of the window light plus Aqua Medic 50 cubes pointed at the plants.

These plants are about 6 year old now, and used to be in my glass tank so they're very large but it takes years, and if you're not after the massive growth you can always split and replant smaller ones. I just took these two pictures. I don't think anyone would mind having this at home on top of their fish tank :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store