Honduran red points

therfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2022
I've got some growing out from the pair in my videos as well. Only about 3 weeks old though. If you would not like to wait, TUIC has some available.
I saw the website that y'all had ordered some nice looking ones from bioaquatix. I checked out his website but unfortunately he only had 6 left. For the price with shipping, it would have been nice to get 13 or so to get the free shipping. Keep us posted on your fry grow out though.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
The bioaquatix ones have a slightly nicer and more consistent shape to them + the males have more red on their fins, but if you want more color overall, go TUIC. Shipping is usually around $25-30, at least for me. I will keep you posted on my fry though.

Reactions: therfish

therfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2022
The bioaquatix ones have a slightly nicer and more consistent shape to them + the males have more red on their fins, but if you want more color overall, go TUIC. Shipping is usually around $25-30, at least for me. I will keep you posted on my fry though.
I definitely noticed the nice red tails on the bioaquatix ones. I've never seen that much red on them before as the video y'all shared that aquarium co-op was touring. Do the young males you got from them already show nice red tails too? I'd love to see an update of the batch you got from them.

Showtimekev

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2021
Ken Davis should know at this point that these last few lines of red points that he’s selling, aren’t true red points. It’s frustrating because it’s clear as day that his fish are very grey and convict-y. I even sent Kevin from TUIC and Jeff rapps pictures of his supposed red point line and they said they don’t think those are pure. But as for Hybridfish7 Hybridfish7 and T therfish ilk be sending you guys some fish. My females that I’m sending are just about better. And I’ll be more then glad to send some of my blue/green F3 fry.

Heres a pic of my ‘blue/green’ male with mixed genes from the mom & dad.

7FA2BD07-DF9D-4E7B-8A32-645769D35709.jpeg

FF142646-E2AD-47F3-9AE2-9BDEA8362907.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: therfish

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Ken Davis should know at this point that these last few lines of red points that he’s selling, aren’t true red points. It’s frustrating because it’s clear as day that his fish are very grey and convict-y. I even sent Kevin from TUIC and Jeff rapps pictures of his supposed red point line and they said they don’t think those are pure. But as for Hybridfish7 Hybridfish7 and T therfish ilk be sending you guys some fish. My females that I’m sending are just about better. And I’ll be more then glad to send some of my blue/green F3 fry.

View attachment 1501376

View attachment 1501377
Holy hell, the colors on that thing are insane. Is that what you consider your green line?

therfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2022

View attachment 1501376

View attachment 1501377
That thing is a beauty! Definitely excited to get some from you whenever they're ready.

Reactions: Showtimekev

Showtimekev

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2021
Holy hell, the colors on that thing are insane. Is that what you consider your green line?
This little guy is actually a mix of blue & green. The father is green, the mother is blue, and I can see traits from both parents in him. An easy way for me to tell who has what genes, is the father has 5 stripes and the mother has 6 stripes. This little male is more on the fathers side since he has 5 stripes and a little more green, but I can definitely see the blue features from the mom as well. I just call him the ‘green line’ since he mostly takes after his father.

therfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2022
This little guy is actually a mix of blue & green. The father is green, the mother is blue, and I can see traits from both parents in him. An easy way for me to tell who has what genes, is the father has 5 stripes and the mother has 6 stripes. This little male is more on the fathers side since he has 5 stripes and a little more green, but I can definitely see the blue features from the mom as well. I just call him the ‘green line’ since he mostly takes after his father.
Speaking of number of stripes, do either of you know if the number of stripes has any meaning to of the HRP being "pure" or not? Or do HRP have varying number of stripes as well from siblings to siblings per batch of fry?

therfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2022

View attachment 1501376

View attachment 1501377
Also, on the Jeff Rapps note, do you know if Jeff ever sold any "Honduran calico points" back when he still sold fish? If so, are these Honduran red points mixed with calico convicts or something? Or what is the background on them? I ask because I picked up a young pair from a friend a while back when he used to order a lot of fish from Jeff. The pair is much older now and the male has really nice red finnage. I never kept and offspring from them because there in my community tank and the fry always ended up being snacks. I'm wondering if I should actually try to save their offspring now since the male is quite nice looking.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Speaking of number of stripes, do either of you know if the number of stripes has any meaning to of the HRP being "pure" or not? Or do HRP have varying number of stripes as well from siblings to siblings per batch of fry?
It does not, and though I would say the barring should not connect in pure HRPs most of the time, Rusty had a female with connected barring. Back to barring counts though, they vary in all amatitlania, in nigrofasciata and kanna it's usually something like 6-7, but I have a kanna with 4. I also have a pure HRP with either 8 or 10, I don't remember.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store