Hoplias Curupira (Black Wolfish)

Monsterkeeper0223

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2020
I have a new Hoplias Curupira (black wolfish). It’s 12 inches and was recently surrendered and put in my tank about a week ago, it hasn’t eaten a thing and I have no idea what to do because nobody seems to know a single thing about these fish because almost nobody owns one.

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
I have a new Hoplias Curupira (black wolfish). It’s 12 inches and was recently surrendered and put in my tank about a week ago, it hasn’t eaten a thing and I have no idea what to do because nobody seems to know a single thing about these fish because almost nobody owns one.
It might still be settling in- make sure the water parameters are fine. What food have you tried to feed it?

arosky

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2010
Colorado
Start with some worms if you haven’t they love those. Any tankmates or by himself? Sometimes they don’t eat for a week or more give it time to acclimate it will eat and usually u won’t see it happen till the lights are off

Monsterkeeper0223

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2020
Start with some worms if you haven’t they love those. Any tankmates or by himself? Sometimes they don’t eat for a week or more give it time to acclimate it will eat and usually u won’t see it happen till the lights are off
I’ve tried mice, crayfish, goldfish, worms, frozen and live, pellets, shrimp literally everything and he won’t even touch it but still daily hell act as if he’s hungry but then won’t eat anything?

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
I’ve tried mice, crayfish, goldfish, worms, frozen and live, pellets, shrimp literally everything and he won’t even touch it but still daily hell act as if he’s hungry but then won’t eat anything?
Strange. I would say wait a bit longer and let him acclimate, it's only been a week and don't won't worry he wont starve. Be careful, adding all that food may pollute the water so make sure the water quality is good.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Give it time to settle in. They can go for 3 weeks without food and sometimes longer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store