Hoplias Mala. 2 quick questions

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Wanted to provide an update on this. The wolf fish is back to normal and wants to eat. I've noticed that when it becomes pale it's possibly because its trying to camouflage. It only does this when the wolf Cichlid is near and the wolf fish is planning an attack.

The dovii is doing fine it just knows to steer clear of the hoplias. It has some scrapes but overall healing.

You are going to lose one of those fish. Wolfish don't like to be harrassed and you were already warned in previous post. You have a very aggressive juvenile Dovii Cichlid which will get even more aggressive as it matures. If the Mala gets a hold of the Dovii it maybe damaged even for life.

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
You are going to lose one of those fish. Wolfish don't like to be harrassed and you were already warned in previous post. You have a very aggressive juvenile Dovii Cichlid which will get even more aggressive as it matures. If the Mala gets a hold of the Dovii it maybe damaged even for life.
Yeah this is possible however this is a short term solution for the dovii which I will rehome. It's a long story but this fish was already beaten up and now I'm trying to heal it up.

They definitely will not be long term tankmates.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yeah this is possible however this is a short term solution for the dovii which I will rehome. It's a long story but this fish was already beaten up and now I'm trying to heal it up.

They definitely will not be long term tankmates.

Great to hear just didn't want you to lose one of them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store