Housing asian with silver arowana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regeneration

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2015
Vietnam
Currently i have a large 17-19” calm natured silver arowana with 3 rays in a 300G(he never attacked smaller arowanas in the same tank in the past)

But now i have a once in a lifetime chance to obtain a very nice bigger 20” chili red Asian arowana (Albiet much more expensive!) who’s been by himself in a 220 with some flagtails, my concern is how the 2 big guys will fair up against eachother , now i know it’s a hit or miss but i like to hear fellow arowana keeper’s opinions before i even think about trying anything, as i do NOT have a back up tank incase things go wrong.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
You’re from Illinois, so Asian arowana are highly illegal and you can see huge fines for owning one. The person selling it to you shouldn’t even have it and is probably trying to dump their problem off onto you since they probably know it’s illegal. Best to skip the Asian arowana and avoid getting caught with an illegal fish.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Please do not post or ask whether or not you should keep Asian aros in countries that are illegal to keep the species!

As we do not condone breaking the law here...

Regeneration

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2015
Vietnam
Please do not post or ask whether or not you should keep Asian aros in countries that are illegal to keep the species!

As we do not condone breaking the law here...
Who says i am breaking law lol i am not even in states mate git gud, i should posted this in arowana sub

bobblehead27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa Area
Besides the fact that both myself and 3 others saw your name had "from Illinois" on it .... As a wanna be cop I did 2 minutes of research and I have a few questions. Why are you looking to buy a large silver arowana in STL Missouri if you're not from the states and never heard of Illinois when STL basically borders Illinois? Also why did you offer to pay 70 dollars on a red tail payara that was pick up in Illinois only? You know the admin can easily check when you changed your location, and whatnot... Instead of being all defensive you probably should have just apologized and said you didn't know. Now you just look guilty...

Regeneration

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2015
Vietnam
Besides the fact that both myself and 3 others saw your name had "from Illinois" on it .... As a wanna be cop I did 2 minutes of research and I have a few questions. Why are you looking to buy a large silver arowana in STL Missouri if you're not from the states and never heard of Illinois when STL basically borders Illinois? Also why did you offer to pay 70 dollars on a red tail payara that was pick up in Illinois only? You know the admin can easily check when you changed your location, and whatnot... Instead of being all defensive you probably should have just apologized and said you didn't know. Now you just look guilty...
Im from vietnam m8, git gud mr forensic

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
Why can’t we just answer the question for the OP? Doesn’t matter where he is from. Another reason while us older members don’t frequent the site much anymore. Because everyone on here has to start trouble from sitting behind a computer. This is for gaining knowledge about fish and the hobby not to be ridiculed for the fish one keeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store