How’s the weather?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It was the winter solstice yesterday which means days start getting longer now by roughly 3 minutes per day. Summer's just around the corner! Lol.

Reactions: Deadeye

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
It’s been getting pretty damn wild here in Sydney. One day it was raining and storming, the next we get some heatwaves.
Upwards of 36 and probably 27 degrees on a “cold” day.
Climate change is weird.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
It was the winter solstice yesterday which means days start getting longer now by roughly 3 minutes per day. Summer's just around the corner! Lol.
Can’t wait! I don’t know how you can like winter.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
And not a moment too soon!

Up at the jobsite, we currently "enjoy" less than 7 hours of daylight each day. And, although I'm home for a couple weeks now basking in a balmy -13C, up at work...well, they're currently at -32C, with a windchill of -42C. Thank goodness they only have a very mild 7kph wind, instead of the much more typical 20-30kph breezes.

Can't wait to get back up there... :uhoh:

Our weekly ice fishing trips are due to start in early January! :)

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
You learn to like it when you have no other choice...you achieve a state aptly referred to by Pink Floyd as "comfortably numb"...:)

I must admit there are times that I wish I had chosen an alternate landing site when I first approached this planet...:)

Reactions: deeda and Deadeye

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I don't like winter! I love summer, but unfortunately in blighty our summers are short to non existent, and not much warmer than the winter, lol.

My ideal climate, if I could chose somewhere else to live, would probably be the type of year round weather you get in California or Florida. That would be nice.

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I don't like winter! I love summer, but unfortunately in blighty our summers are short to non existent, and not much warmer than the winter, lol.

My ideal climate, if I could chose somewhere else to live, would probably be the type of year round weather you get in California or Florida. That would be nice.
While I enjoy a warm southern vacation in the middle of winter just as much as the next guy...and I often wish that summer were a bit longer...I would never want to give up the changing seasons.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
While I enjoy a warm southern vacation in the middle of winter just as much as the next guy...and I often wish that summer were a bit longer...I would never want to give up the changing seasons.
As you may be aware I'm a keen cyclist. I like to set myself an annual minimum target of about 4000km. Riding in the rain, wind and cold is brutal but in the UK such rides are hard to avoid!

I can only imagine how many annual kilometers I'd be able to do if I lived in a better climate. This year I completed my target by the beginning of October, but haven't been out since!!! The indoor turbo trainer is no substitute for getting out.

I must admit the picture postcard winter scenes are very nice and all but my aging bones and love for cycling only leave me with one thing to say.....BAH HUMBUG!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store