hardest earthquake in that area in something like 250 years

More rain in San Diego

Reactions: Matth05

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Over the past couple years, from my experience, beaches along Encinitas (north san diego) and places around it have had the sand swept out to deeper waters, leaving the beaches covered with rocks. It seems the city has enlisted a fleet that pumps sand, which was swept out to deeper water, to the beaches, covering the rocks and making the beaches walkable and attractive to tourists or just people.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I remember the one from years ago (around 2011 or so).
I was in the car for this one, and it only felt like driving over a gravel road. I didn’t even realize there was an earthquake until someone told me.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I remember the one from years ago (around 2011 or so).
I was in the car for this one, and it only felt like driving over a gravel road. I didn’t even realize there was an earthquake until someone told me.
Yep,I was at work during the one in 2011,I was sitting on a counter and I remember feeling the slight rumble....I slept through this one but friends and family from Maryland,Delaware and on up to Northern New Jersey felt it.

Reactions: Deadeye and Matth05

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
5:30AM Here in the Philippines, already 80°f. Been mid 90's all week with extreme heat index. The heat here is a lot different than back in the states. Way more intense. I am guessing since it's so much closer to the equator.
View attachment 1539295
Hey so you relocated?.....we need a thread,kinda like duanes duanes lol!

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Hey so you relocated?.....we need a thread,kinda like duanes duanes lol!
Yes I did, my disability don't go very far in the states anymore without several different agencies helping. My last apartment I had, one agency covered about 60% of my rent. Another that got half my ligt bill. The government payed my internet. But it all was just a pain in astrix. Monthly meeting, paperwork. So after a couple months of investigation I determined the Philippines was the best choice to expat in.
Been here a month now. Just settled into an apartment. The cost here is about one third to one fifth of the same thing in the states so I can live comfortably on my disability with no help.
IMG-20240327-WA0014.jpg
My apartment building. I pay in USD only 300 for the same size apartment in America that was 1100. I am on the third floor so as you saw a decent view.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yes I did, my disability don't go very far in the states anymore without several different agencies helping. My last apartment I had, one agency covered about 60% of my rent. Another that got half my ligt bill. The government payed my internet. But it all was just a pain in astrix. Monthly meeting, paperwork. So after a couple months of investigation I determined the Philippines was the best choice to expat in.
Been here a month now. Just settled into an apartment. The cost here is about one third to one fifth of the same thing in the states so I can live comfortably on my disability with no help.
View attachment 1539296
My apartment building. I pay in USD only 300 for the same size apartment in America that was 1100. I am on the third floor so as you saw a decent view.
Awesome,I recall you mentioning it in another thread a while back,were you able to bring your bird along?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store