Monster's r us
if you look closely there are 2 aros ;)
the big is non agressive!

greenbird007

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2005
socal
I've foung the jardini's to be the most agro. But with silvers and blacks, I had one of each that were very nice...alsmot shy. But A friend of mine that selld fish had a tank of blacks that were so agro, they'd jump up and try to bite your fingers. So, for the most part the south americans are the more docile, but each fish is a little different. Sorry, I don'y have experience raising asian aros.

SilverGR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2005
ATHENS, GREECE
Hello. My Silver aro is the most peacefull fish on the tank, which have 4 severum, 2 bangasius catfish, 2 texas and some other extremely peacefull fishes. The aro is extremely a good friend with all of them but none of the other fishes tries to disturb her. The Jardini is very nervous and has all the fishes on line. I think that the jardini dont like anyone to tell her a word. He likes to be the boss in the tank. He bites me some times jumping over my hand to eat the pellets. That is my experience.

Richie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
London, England
At a small size they are not aggressive at all. Over 2 ft that's a different story, mine bit my Mum, my dad, me, you couldn't put your hand on the cover glass without it having a go. Also it killed a 14" Peacock Bass by bullying. Small sizes no problem, when they are old they get grumpy and snappy. This is what I have found. ;)

Rich

STONEDFISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I have a little Silver in with cichlids and bichirs and it stays to itself, gliding along the top of the water. It usually will go to to the other side of the tank if the cichlids start playing rough around it. Like I said though.....he's just a little guy, about 6 inches.

Gamble

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
i think the level of aggresion between aros will always be there, however, it's true that silvers are not hostile to the other tankmates..
if your silver gets along with other aros, you're lucky, it does not happen all the time..

than again, maybe it's the other way round, if your silver is hostile towards other aros than you're one unlucky :lipsseale

Mine just started tearing up the other two in the tank..(3 silvers altogether)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store