How are we supposed to make responsible purchases...

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
i feel that if something goes wrong with a deal and the buyer is out of pocket then why shouldnt he be able to start a thread to warn others about the problems

i also feel that anyone else who has had bad dealings with the same seller should be able to post in the thread

ebay dont remove bad feedback no matter what so why should MFK

if sellers dont want threads started about them then sell correctly like a shop buying fish on line looks to give sellers a free pass to rip people off

MFK have let a seller sell on there site so once they have messed up twice and not refunded people then that seller should lose the right to sell

if the seller cant tell male from female or the type of ray/product they are selling then they should be selling anyway

rays are not cheap and people can be getting ripped of for hundreds of $$$$$$

if MFK feel they cant control the buy and sell section then they should remove it from the forum and let people buy via PM at there own risk

if you buy something listed on ebay and have a problem they 1st tell you to try to sort it out with the seller 1st if after a curtain amount of time the seller and buy cant work it out its left in the hands of ebay to sort it out

if things go wrong on the MFK buy and sell all they do is say its not our problem which i find unfair

jstavis

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
Madison, WI
I don't think they need to go that far. I don't want MFK acting as the marketplace cop, because I think that is asking too much. All I ask for is that we have an honest discussion about who is a great person to deal with, who is decent but has a tendency to screw things up, and who is a scam artist. Then people can more comfortably decide what risk they are willing to take to get a ray they really want. And the guys who have a reputation for getting it right every time would be well-justified in charging a premium for that certainty. As it stands, the vendor in question sells his rays at a substantially higher price than a guy like Trev. That's not right.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
i feel that if something goes wrong with a deal and the buyer is out of pocket then why shouldnt he be able to start a thread to warn others about the problems

Use the feedback system to 'warn' other potential buyers.We've actually had several of these warning threads started in the past where the OP never thought to leave feedback before posting the warning thread.

i also feel that anyone else who has had bad dealings with the same seller should be able to post in the thread

Problem is we also get the stadium crowd that feels the need to chime in even if they've never had any dealings with the seller. Mostly read as: "I heard..." with no justification provided.

ebay dont remove bad feedback no matter what so why should MFK
Actually, they will remove FB. In cases where FB was left to the wrong buyer.

if sellers dont want threads started about them then sell correctly like a shop buying fish on line looks to give sellers a free pass to rip people off
-Shops make mistakes all the time so, not the best comparison.

MFK have let a seller sell on there site so once they have messed up twice and not refunded people then that seller should lose the right to sell
MFK has banned numerous sellers for poor service. A couple were let back in due to having displayed service improvements on other sites. Perhaps there should be a 'one strike and you're out" policy?

if the seller cant tell male from female or the type of ray/product they are selling then they should be selling anyway
_ I'm going to guess you meant to say "should not".

rays are not cheap and people can be getting ripped of for hundreds of $$$$$$

if MFK feel they cant control the buy and sell section then they should remove it from the forum and let people buy via PM at there own risk
If Mfk removes the Marketplace forums then transactions will not be permitted via PM either

if you buy something listed on ebay and have a problem they 1st tell you to try to sort it out with the seller 1st if after a curtain amount of time the seller and buy cant work it out its left in the hands of ebay to sort it out

if things go wrong on the MFK buy and sell all they do is say its not our problem which i find unfair
Because MFK is not a regulating agency, all business transactions are cautioned to be Caveat Emptor from the onset. Anyone feeling insecure about any transaction from the site is encouraged to walk away. MFK is not attempting to reduce its responsibilities to members any further than any other site on the 'net.

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
It's quite ironic that OP was defending the vendor just a couple weeks ago - almost to the point of violence with another banned member.

but people should use the feedback system. If your feedback is tampered or deleted, then complain. It's the only way to help people from getting shafted in the future...

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
It's quite ironic that OP was defending the vendor just a couple weeks ago - almost to the point of violence with another banned member.

but people should use the feedback system. If your feedback is tampered or deleted, then complain. It's the only way to help people from getting shafted in the future...
The problem with the feedback system is many purchasers don't want to burn a bridge for a possible future purchase even if they have been burned. (Personally I don't give a crap) But to others, that oh so rare or most desired special fish might be brought in one day and you could be on the other side of the burned bridge.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Because MFK is not a regulating agency, all business transactions are cautioned to be Caveat Emptor from the onset. Anyone feeling insecure about any transaction from the site is encouraged to walk away. MFK is not attempting to reduce its responsibilities to members any further than any other site on the 'net.

by allowing a vendor to sell on MFK you are saying they are good

on aquabid for example people get a chance to report con men and the listing get removed

why cant MFK removed a seller that has 2 bad strikes and remove them rather then let them to carry on with there bad ways

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
The problem with the feedback system is many purchasers don't want to burn a bridge for a possible future purchase even if they have been burned. (Personally I don't give a crap) But to others, that oh so rare or most desired special fish might be brought in one day and you could be on the other side of the burned bridge.
So you're saying that if someone paid $800 and got ripped off, they don't want to burn that bridge because the person who ripped them off may get a super rare $2,000 ray and they're going to take a chance again? I hope for the sake of humanity that there's very few people who are this idiotic.

The feedback system was made for a reason. It's only as good as what people put into it. I don't see a problem with having threads about bad sellers too, but since they can be deleted if they get derailed, the feedback should be used too.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
So you're saying that if someone paid $800 and got ripped off, they don't want to burn that bridge because the person who ripped them off may get a super rare $2,000 ray and they're going to take a chance again? I hope for the sake of humanity that there's very few people who are this idiotic.

The feedback system was made for a reason. It's only as good as what people put into it. I don't see a problem with having threads about bad sellers too, but since they can be deleted if they get derailed, the feedback should be used too.
Don't get me wrong I totally agree, but I know of people who have been burned in the 4 figures who won't post negative feed back and have even purchased again from the same vendor. Its there money though, not mine. They turn around and sell the ray/fish and recoup some or possibly all their moneys. Unless of course its dead.:(

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK

this is were im different if i feel a shop is over priced or the tanks the fish are kept in are to small i tell them this should make shops or sellers take note but it has the oposite affect and i have been banned and told the shop owners want to kill me

the way i look at that reaction is SO WHAT why would the shop go so mad over a comment if they have nothing to hide

as for messing up future transactions why should that bother you would you want to buy from someone who has messed you about before you wouldnt go back to a shop that sold you bad food that made you sick

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
this is were im different if i feel a shop is over priced or the tanks the fish are kept in are to small i tell them this should make shops or sellers take note but it has the oposite affect and i have been banned and told the shop owners want to kill me

the way i look at that reaction is SO WHAT why would the shop go so mad over a comment if they have nothing to hide

as for messing up future transactions why should that bother you would you want to buy from someone who has messed you about before you wouldnt go back to a shop that sold you bad food that made you sick
I am not speaking of myself T1, I am speaking of others. I can't speak for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store